Biden - Palin Debate, Anyone watch it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
What is the difference between her not being home with her kids and Obama not being home with his? Is Michelle not traveling with her husband? Why should there be a double standard?

Quote:
What is the difference between her not being home with her kids and Obama not being home with his? Is Michelle not traveling with her husband? Why should there be a double standard?

I'm oldfashioned in that way I know, but that's the way I feel. As a mother I wouldn't have wanted to have to spend that much time away from my children while they were growing up.

OK, before we go any further, I need to put my obligatory mod blurb in here.

No flaming.
No fighting.
No teasing, mocking or ridiculing.

Any signs of this going downhill and it gets locked/moved.

Carry on.

They both stuck to their carefully rehearsed talking points, we learned nothing new from that. I was watching body language, and was struck by the huge phony smile Biden kept flashing at inappropriate moments.

Quote:
And if he had been tough with her he would have been accused of attacking her. He did a fine job being respectful to someone with much less experience than he has without appearing patronizing. That takes skill.

Talking points were delivered well by Palin, but my expectations were extremely low given her interviews in recent weeks.

Sarah was awesome! I thought she did great! I've got a bumpersticker ordered that says Chicks for Palin.
big_smile.png

To me, Sarah Palin looked nervous and seemed to go back to her talking points much much more. How many times did you hear the word Maverick and other cliches. Again, to me, I came away thinking that Sarah Palin should not be anywhere near the Presidency of the United States. It also seemed to me that the only folks after the debate lavishing praise on Palin were the Republican point people. The folks that were more balanced said that she held her own amid low expectations and did ok. I agree with that to a point. The other blind republican lackies piling lavish praise on her seemed forced and purposeful- If you say it over and over again that she did well, then folks will believe it. The praise was artifical. I want very hard to vote for McCain, we'll see. Keystonepaul

Quote:
And if he had been tough with her he would have been accused of attacking her. He did a fine job being respectful to someone with much less experience than he has without appearing patronizing. That takes skill.

Talking points were delivered well by Palin, but my expectations were extremely low given her interviews in recent weeks.

He wasn't forcing phony smiles because he was trying to be respectful. He was forcing phony smiles because he was being dishonest.

I have to preface this by saying that I'm no Palin fan, but I'm going to be as polite as I can while answering the question that was asked.

Given her recent interviews with Katie Couric, I thoroughly expected her to crash and burn. She didn't, so she far exceeded my expectations. I was stunned when she gave the audience a little winky wink...it's probably supposed to be "folksy" but I find it icky and sort of insulting. She is no Ronald Reagan and when she said "there you go again" I almost laughed out loud. She objected to Biden's looking to the past but she did the same thing...sort of like objecting to Obama's votes when McCain voted the same way. And honestly, the "maverick" thing is getting tired. Those of you who live in big cities like Washington DC or NYC...do you have morals and values? Or is it just small town folk who have those things?

I was worried about how Biden would handle things...would he come out swinging and be labeled a bully or would he play it nicey-nice and let her walk on him. I thought he walked a fine line and managed to call her on some ridiculous stuff but let some finer points go.

I think both of them should be proud. Their top-o'-the-ticket guys should be proud of their performances. I wonder what Tina Fey thinks this morning...

She was great! I cant wait for election day to see our first VP women and a great man in Mccain elected. As a stay at home dad who runs a full time business on the internet, handles over 100 birds, and has raised my 8 month old son from the time he was 2 months to now I dont see the problem with women out making something of them selves in the world. The door is wide open for everyone! Oh and a side note for anyone who doesnt think the dems will raise all taxes. Our governor tim kaine has sent taxes through the roof here in VA and his policies are very similar to obama. Think hard on election day people and vote for who you think is the best choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom