Bielefelder thread!!!!

Pics
I moved my chicks out to their spot in the coop yesterday. The move was traumatic, but they LOVED their new place!

IMG_3846.JPG

They love the dust bath. I'm going to get a bigger one for them today.

IMG_3849.JPG

Someone on another thread wondered if this was a cockerel (5 weeks old). I said I didn't think so, as I bought pullets and Biels are auto-sexing at hatch.

But... has anyone ever had a Biel pullet-looking chick who was actually a cockerel...? (I hope not...)

I moved my chicks out to their spot in the coop yesterday. The move was traumatic, but they LOVED their new place!

View attachment 3549274
They love the dust bath. I'm going to get a bigger one for them today.

View attachment 3549276
Someone on another thread wondered if this was a cockerel (5 weeks old). I said I didn't think so, as I bought pullets and Biels are auto-sexing at hatch.

But... has anyone ever had a Biel pullet-looking chick who was actually a cockerel...? (I hope not...)
Are the feet on that one in the last picture sort of greenish looking, or was it just the camera?

Could have been mixed with something else down the line. Hatcheries and people that keep more then one breed sometimes do that, especially with so many wanting colored egg basket's.
Please say it's not a cockerel of some other breed.... I didn't have any doubt about their gender until now....

Please say it's not a cockerel of some other breed.... I didn't have any doubt about their gender until now....
They all looked like pullet's when you first took the picture after you just got them. They had the dark line going out from the corner of the eye, and had the darker chipmunk marking down the back's. How old are these chick's now?

I got these from Mt. Healthy, so :fl they know what they're doing!

One person posted that they miss-sexed a bunch of chicks this spring. I "assumed" I was safe with Biels...

If they aren't Biels... Oh, man, I don't want to think about that. They did send an extra chick. Oh. Dear.

Back
Top Bottom