1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

BIELEFELDERS - Is the hype real?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by QueenMisha, Jan 5, 2016.

1. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Lately everybody seems to be hopping on the Bielefelder bandwagon. Everything I have read about them is very good, and they don't seem to have any downsides. I'm always looking for new breeds but this almost seems to good to be true. So is the hype real? Are these really some of the most superb backyard birds out there?

2. Bridebeliever

Bridebeliever Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm about to find out! I have a deposit in for 6 pullets and one cockerel for April. They sound like a fabulous dual purpose bird. With their supposed docile nature it will be interesting to see how well they free range.

3. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    You might ask Mrs K, I think she only hangs out in the Managing your Flock section. She had a nice Bielefielder rooster last year, but I don't think she was that thrilled with his offspring for some reason I can't recall right off.....

They're sure pretty, I love the red barred birds.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by