Big coop finally done

ldkgates

In the Brooder
Mar 20, 2016
IMG_2622.JPG IMG_2617.JPG IMG_2618.JPG IMG_2619.JPG IMG_2620.JPG IMG_2625.JPG IMG_2629.JPG My husband finally finished the big coop. We still need to landscape around it and add a few more perches outside. The girls are moved in and happy.

Very nice accommodations for your flock! I really like how you did your roosting bars inside and above your buckets. I'm also using HD and Lowes buckets but be careful of the edge of the bucket lids. They can be too sharp for their feet.

Nice sizing on coop and run!

They'll probably need perches in front of the bucket nests.
Is that a poop board and roost above nests?

Yes there is a roost above the nest boxes. I told my husband I wanted it on one of the side walls. He misunderstood and put it above the nest boxes. I will have him move it if it becomes a problem. They have not started to use the nest boxes yet. We can add a perch in front if needed

Nicely done! Personally I don't see any potential issue with the roost over the nests, in fact it's a smart way to maximize the use of space. If you didn't have the poop board it could be a problem, but you do so no issue of waste accumulation on the nests below

Nicely done! Personally I don't see any potential issue with the roost over the nests, in fact it's a smart way to maximize the use of space. If you didn't have the poop board it could be a problem, but you do so no issue of waste accumulation on the nests below
Agrees.....if there is a poop board under roost to protect nests.
Not that it could be detrimental to the birds, just a bear to clean.

Back
Top Bottom