Big Day Today, Brand New Babies!!

MiniBeesKnees

Songster
10 Years
Feb 23, 2009
Walkertown, North Carolina
My little Old English Banty sitting on 16 eggs now has 14 new babies born since last night at bedtime and eleven this AM. 9 that are OE, and five that are maybe D'uccles and Silver Seabrights. All the eggs were fertile, one egg was buried too deep in the shavings and died I think about 10-12 days in, and one looked fully grown but had not pipped and she abandoned it and took the babies off the nest. She taught them to eat and drink and all look good so far.

jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

Last edited:
Congrats on the new babies!!!
thumbsup.gif
I just had my first successful incubator hatch on Monday and now have 13 new babies. Can't wait until next year for my hens to hatch thier own!!
big_smile.png

Congratulations!!! But wait, I am confused... sitting on 16, 14 hatched last night, and 11 this morning? I must be totally missing something here. But congrats - can't wait to see pictures!!

They were born between about seven-thirty PM at night when I closed up the coop and there were no babies, and eleven AM in the morning when I opened up the coop and there were 14 fuzzy little babies, already dry and off the nest.

Back
Top Bottom