Big hello from a newish chicken keeper in the UK

Mis-Chief

Hatching
7 Years
Nov 28, 2012
Hello Everyone,

My name is Emma, I am 26 and I am a mum of two lovely angelic girl (okay maybe not so angelic). But they are my life :).

This is my second time around keeping chickens.. the first time i had 4 layers 2 were ex battery hens.. I loved them and and so did the children,they became a part of the family, Gill (the escape artist), Susan (the trouble maker) Henrietta (the posh bird), and Bertha (the shy one). Unfortunately they were all killed by foxes and the kids were really upset. So i kinda got put of keeping chickens.

But now I seem to have rescued 1 cockerel and 7 hens from being killed because their owner no longer wanted them. They are yet to have name but i am sure as we get to know them they will have names soon. They have only been with us since last night (27/11/2012). As the owner no longer wanted them I have reclaimed their old coup and jet washed it all down and fixed it. Tomorrow is going to be a big day as I will be building them a Fox proof run.

It was really nice this morning to go out side and say good morning and let them free in the garden to have a scratch about.. The cockerel is Stunning thankfully he has not started cocka-doodle-doing :p

frow.gif

Hello and welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Sorry to hear about your loss, but well done for rescuing these guys! I hope they bring you nothing but joy... and lots of eggs!

Hi and :welcome

Your new birds sound awesome! Hope they bring good times to you and your family for years to come. :p

Thank you for the lovely welcome messages. It is morning Number two and it seems the girls were up before me waiting to be let out again. Last night was pretty awesome i went out side to put the girls and the main man :) back in the pen i was all ready in my wellies and thermals to go chicken chasing... but it seems they are very well behaved and 7 of them were already inside and the last one well she came straight to me and the amazing thing is i told her to get to bed and she went in ... how weird is that.

I will try and get some photos up soon as i don't have a clue what breeds there are i think there are about 4-5 different ones.

Back
Top Bottom