Administrator
BYC Staff
Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Dec 26, 2006
California - SF East Bay
My Coop
My Coop
Almost exactly a year ago we had one of our biggest announcements ever on BackYardChickens.com when we told the world about the new official chicken book of BYC: Raising Chickens for Dummies

Well, we're again extremely excited to announce the next step towards achieving our vision of “a chicken in every yard”, the release of the follow up book: “Building Chicken Coops For Dummies”!

celebrate.gif

Just like last time, Wiley Publishing (owners of the "For Dummies" brand, brought together an amazing team of three authors to put together what we hope is the absolute best book for anybody wanting to build their own chicken coop. The three authors have a very different and diverse background and were able to work really well to pull off this fantastic resource.

Again I'm excited that I got to be a part of this project and that BYC is listed on the cover! We definitely appreciate anything you can do to promote the book to friends and family! Also, if you do get a copy and are very happy with it please post your 5 star reviews at places like Amazon, BN.com etc.

We've got a very special offer for anyone interested in buying the book for themselves or a friend. You can find the details here:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/dummies

In addition to a TON of great information there are some amazing coop plans. Most are pretty detailed, but my #1 fight was to get a "Minimal" coop design added. One that had few cuts, few pieces, and as little waste as possible. Here is the "Minimalist Coop" design:

2_minimal-coop.gif

And for the more adventurous... here is an example of a more advanced coop design:
2_large-coop-blowout.gif

We really hope you like this book!!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/building-chicken-coops-for-dummies.php

celebrate.gif

Congrats! I ordered my book a couple of months ago when I found out about it. Cant wait for it to come in!

Back
Top Bottom