Big News! Starting a training biz! Need name suggestions!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by watchdogps, Jan 21, 2012.

1. watchdogps

watchdogps Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    Central Ohio
    I've always worked in animals, usually dogs. I've been a trainer before but got burned out on the general public, so went other ways for a while. I owned a very successful pet sitting biz for ten years. Then my mom died, my marriage was a wreck and some various other bad stuff. We moved into my mom's place two hours away, I sold my biz and thought I'd find a new path in life. Instead, I got really depressed, worked piddly little jobs and was generally unhappy. We moved again, to a whole new town, and I still had no direction. I realized I NEED to be immersed in animals, it's who I am. My husband finally relented in his "get a real job" tirade and sees that I need to work with animals and I need to be my own boss.

I started helping a friend at her grooming shop, and she said I could teach a class there. Well, it felt so good to be heading in that direction, I started looking for ways to make it more. I called a local mall and asked about holding classes there, not my own space just an area for a few hours a week. They offered me a space at a VERY reasonable price, and it would be all mine! I can offer as much as I want, and it's perfect and has room for a lot of other options, too.

There are very few trainers here, and NO true positive trainers. It's a smaller town so I may have to work harder at marketing, but I can do that. The mall is enthusiastic about helping me promote it, too (because they are getting a percent of my income, LOL!)

I'm really excited, and already feeling myself rising out of the funk I've been in for two years.

I need name suggestions. I am a positive, force-free trainer. Any ideas? Nothing with Paws in it, there are too many already!

2. mlm Mike

mlm Mike Sunna and Mani Premium Member

Aug 14, 2010
    Hardy Township, OH
    Petiquette

No,no bad dog

Good Luck!

3. gpamela3499

gpamela3499 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2009
    Near San Fran Ca
    I like petiquette!