Big Pekin with very swollen hot hock. Won't walk

We love it here too! And a bigger ranch too!
It's all good, except this poor ducky. ;-(
These dosing charts are disparate. I have him 50 mg IM. He's huge. Probably 10 lb at least.
I'll try to set up a warm tub tomorrow to let him soak but he honestly isn't much on swimming. I have weird ducks.

We love it here too! And a bigger ranch too!
It's all good, except this poor ducky. ;-(
These dosing charts are disparate. I have him 50 mg IM. He's huge. Probably 10 lb at least.
I'll try to set up a warm tub tomorrow to let him soak but he honestly isn't much on swimming. I have weird ducks.
Used to drive through there on my way to my friends place in Glencoe.

About the Tylan... Do your research, and think about giving it orally several times a day as the shots can cause serious muscle damage. The Elanco website says that the dose for chickens when using the powder is 50mg per *pound* per day.

-Kathy

Well the duck got to use my whirlpool tub before I did!!
I have given him two doses of the Tylan IM now, so maybe I'll give it orally now for a week or so. The hock is still huge and warm.
He really enjoyed the tub!! He was filthy, probably couldn't get in and out of the tub to preen for a while. He wasn't waterproof either, so came out pretty wet. So he sat on my lap to dry and fluff while we watched TV then I made him a pen on the porch cause it's cold and windy tonight, and raining on and off. He seems alert and happy.

I have given him two doses of the Tylan IM now, so maybe I'll give it orally now for a week or so. The hock is still huge and warm.
He really enjoyed the tub!! He was filthy, probably couldn't get in and out of the tub to preen for a while. He wasn't waterproof either, so came out pretty wet. So he sat on my lap to dry and fluff while we watched TV then I made him a pen on the porch cause it's cold and windy tonight, and raining on and off. He seems alert and happy.

That's sweet I bet he enjoyed a good whirpool bad. I hope the Tylan does the trick. and he's back chasing the girls soon.

Lol. I have three other ducks, they are Ancondas I hatched... All drakes! Then I adopted this fella, and all of them are drakes. Hehe, guess there won't be any ducky love here.
I'm still praying for the Tylan to work. When I google causes I get one for swollen hock, mycoplasma synovitis, and Tylan is the treatment.

Lol. I have three other ducks, they are Ancondas I hatched... All drakes! Then I adopted this fella, and all of them are drakes. Hehe, guess there won't be any ducky love here.
I'm still praying for the Tylan to work. When I google causes I get one for swollen hock, mycoplasma synovitis, and Tylan is the treatment.
Not cuts or scratch's which could have caused bacteria to get in? I have heard Tylan is good stuff so hopefully it will.

Oh there will be ducky love them boys don't care.
roll.png

Have the blood tested for infection, my duck was given baytril, over 3 months it just got worse ,learned more after xrays of leg & blood work to identify actual problem and change to a stronger med

Back
Top Bottom