1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login, otherwise join BYC here!

Big white turkey.

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by hannakat, Aug 25, 2011.

1. hannakat

hannakat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2010
    Beaver County, PA
    I was just told about a turkey that hangs out at a garden center following the customers, sitting with them, interacting... The turkey comes across the road to visit and the owner sometimes comes, ties it's legs up, tosses it in the trunk and takes it back. She has said she wants rid of it.

The pictures I was shown are incredible...it's so beautiful, and now I want it. Am I nuts?

2. A.T. Hagan

A.T. Hagan Don't Panic

Aug 13, 2007
    North/Central Florida
    Are you nuts? Heck no! I tell people all day long as the swaps "everyone needs a turkey!"

But do you have adequate housing for it?

3. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Oh no! I have two turkeys and I just love them! You are not nuts! And if you are, JOIN THE NUTTY CLUB because I'm probably the president! [​IMG]

4. hannakat

hannakat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2010
    Beaver County, PA
    I don't know yet...haven't even begun to research that aspect. We have a shed.... and we have chickens but the coop, at this point, wouldn't hold a turkey too.

Do you know how you get that excited feeling in the pit of your stomach...just like on Christmas morning? I'll be doing some serious research as I wait to hear if she still has it and still wants it gone.

I would love it and hug it and ohhhhhhh..... always wanted a turkey. [​IMG] If she already found a home, I will at least know a bit more today than I did yesterday.

5. Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Enchanted Sunrise Farms Overrun With Chickens

Apr 26, 2007
    Fair Oaks, California
    Go for it! i love turkeys, and it sounds like this one is super friendly.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by