"Biggest comb contest! (no prizes) - Contest Ends 6/21/2021."

Pics
Here is my Frankie, I have had many non-chicken people think she is a rooster! 🤣
Name: Frankie
Breed: Leghorn/Red Sex link cross
Sex: female

Entered in category #2, Hens
Frankie.jpg

Big Red
Rhode Island red rooster
1 year of age

Yay! I just love my girls' combs.
This is Whip, Prairie Bluebell, 20 or 21 weeks oldView attachment 2718833

Name:Buela
Breed:Leghorn
Sex:Hen

Category #2: Hens

Gypsy
Serama
Rooster

Name: Constantine
Breed: EE
Sex: Male

Category #1: Roosters
View attachment 2719295
View attachment 2719296

Name: Daisy (the greatest hen ever)
Breed: White Leghorn
Sex: F

Category #2: Hens

View attachment 2719404

View attachment 2719405

Look out folks. Leghorn combs rule!

Name: AmeliaEggHeart (Beat chicken EVER!)
Breed: Golden Comet
Sex: Hen
Age: Was 13 1/2 months @ time of pictures. I sadly no longer have her. She was my baby. :(

Category: 2 (Hen)

These are all of Amelia View attachment 2719410View attachment 2719413

Do pea combs count?

Name: Laird Bruce McMurray
Breed: Dark Brahma
Sex: Rooster

Category: 1, Rooster
View attachment 2719451View attachment 2719484

Name: Fenna
Breed: Sussex, Speckled

Category: 2. Henlett
View attachment 2719485View attachment 2719486

Old english silver duckwing bantam ironically she was in with the Ameraucana babies and my husband picked her with the other bc they were cuddling together and as they grew I was like honey this one has something wrong with it. I had no idea what breed she was and suddenly a large bright red comb and small waddles appeared and I was more confused about her! I name her #turkeydovepigeon bc she was tiny dove size, long neck, pigeon coloring...and I posted her pictures on here and uncovered her breed! I hope to have more in the future they are hard to get. She was a gift from God for sure 2.5 months ago explosion of development around our property caused a huge number of hawks to have loss of wooded areas and I fought daily to keep my hens safe thwarting off two attacks on my large hens but one day I worked late and when I went out back to call the girls in, a hawk had her on the ground and I ran to her but the hawk ripped her head off before I got to her and tried to take her body but I did get her little body to bury. I am in tears telling the story right now! My heart is just broken 💔 but I am trying to remember all the joy she gave. My sweet turkeydovepigeon. ♥

Ooooo I love the double flop! 😍

Name: Remie
Breed: White leghorn
Sex: Female
Category 2 (hen)
View attachment 2719702

Name: May
Breed: Black copper Marans

View attachment 2720123View attachment 2720125

once i thought she is a rooster (with such a big comb, and i am a first-time mama) XD

Name: FunFun
Breed: Mixed (the seller told us she is an Araucana), but i guess she is a mix-breed

View attachment 2723954

name: Thelma and Louise
breed: white leghorn
sex: hens
View attachment 2724038

name: George
breed: white leghorn
sex: rooster
View attachment 2724039

Here’s another one of my hens I used to have. I got her the same time as Amelia EggHeart. She had a big comb too! :)

Name: Chickeria
Breed: Golden Comet
(I no longer have her) :(View attachment 2724058

Here are the first few! Nothing much... just some doodles!

The first is of my sweet falcon OC, Gin!
View attachment 2725125View attachment 2725126
This last one was fun to do! This is my OC, BlackIce!

Yes, she is the one who has the most characters among all girls, very close to me, and always tries to go to the greenhouse to find me :D

She is also the one who enjoys most privileges (like only she can freely wander in the garden) but treat other girls nicely, while my two marans alway wants to show who is the boss :p

Also one funny thing is, she is the one who always goes back to the coop early for sleeping, no matter summer or winter, sunny or rainy 😁

Thank you! He is such a handsome boy. Hard to believe he was dumped in a park back in November. He was striking a pose this morning lolView attachment 2725369

I had ordered thru TSC online in January (Hoover Hatchery was supplier), so yep! TSC had them 😊

I don't do anything in particular to keep them clean tbh...our property has a lot of sand in the soil, so maybe that is helpful?

The bare bottoms you mentioned sounded funny to me at first, but then my lack of experience being a chicken parent kicked in and I got to worrying that the other birds would peck at those exposed bottoms :eek:
I'm probably overthinking it! 🤷‍♀️🙋‍♀️🙈

Do big pea combs count? Pea combs aren't big compared to single combs, but if the comb is big compared to other peas?

This is my 15 week old Amber Star Rooster, his name is Brown Beaker. View attachment 2726010View attachment 2726011

Hi, I watercolor a lot. Here is some I did for Friends. I am working on quilling a sebright. All animals are based of of real pictures of them. It takes about 4-5 day from start to finish. I like doing 3-D art a lot too.

Here's a picture I drew of my dog, Teddy
View attachment 2726158

I've got a few more drawings but I'll show them later

Okay, then I'll enter my 1 year old EE rooster, Bunny.

View attachment 2726990

Here is my Frankie, I have had many non-chicken people think she is a rooster! 🤣
Name: Frankie
Breed: Leghorn/Red Sex link cross
Sex: female

Entered in category #2, Hens
View attachment 2727230
Just collecting all the entries in one easy-to-view place! :) Lots of competition, I love it!

Back
Top Bottom