"Biggest comb contest! (no prizes) - Contest Ends 6/21/2021."

Pics
Old english silver duckwing bantam ironically she was in with the Ameraucana babies and my husband picked her with the other bc they were cuddling together and as they grew I was like honey this one has something wrong with it. I had no idea what breed she was and suddenly a large bright red comb and small waddles appeared and I was more confused about her! I name her #turkeydovepigeon bc she was tiny dove size, long neck, pigeon coloring...and I posted her pictures on here and uncovered her breed! I hope to have more in the future they are hard to get. She was a gift from God for sure 2.5 months ago explosion of development around our property caused a huge number of hawks to have loss of wooded areas and I fought daily to keep my hens safe thwarting off two attacks on my large hens but one day I worked late and when I went out back to call the girls in, a hawk had her on the ground and I ran to her but the hawk ripped her head off before I got to her and tried to take her body but I did get her little body to bury. I am in tears telling the story right now! My heart is just broken 💔 but I am trying to remember all the joy she gave. My sweet turkeydovepigeon. ♥
I am so sorry. It uis hard to lose them but it's even worse when you see it happen and you can't help them. :hugs:hugs:hugs

Name: Remie
Breed: White leghorn
Sex: Female
Category 2 (hen)
91106F56-328A-4199-A169-052F639C5982.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom