Biodiverse Polyculture (USDA 8a Zone Pasture) - sounds better than "My Acres of Weeds"

Pics
Tried a little Crimson clover last spring and it done good here would like to plant some on a larger scale sometime. This company is in your general area I think. Hancock Seed My packet of crimson clover clover came from Seeds n such They have some cover crop seeds in packets if I remember correctly, I ordered online from my catalog so never navigated there online site.

Well, I did it. Assuming the birds don't eat it before it sprouts, I have 3# of amaranth seeds, 5# of buckwheat groats, and 2# or sorghum seed coming to join another 1# of methi (fenugreek) seeds which I'll be scattering in a corner of the property and hoping.

Should arrive Wednesday. Should rain Thursday.

CROSS FINGERS, SAY PRAYERS, CAST SPELLS, THOUGHTS - I'll take anything at this point.

THANK YOU!

I'm kicking myself some for not being better prepared if we don't pick up some decent moisture the next few days it won't matter. It's time I could plant some oats and spring peas along with some clovers as an experiment. Turnips and radishes could be added into the mix also. A little for the chickens and some for experimenting in the bermuda pasture.

Crossposting. Had to get creative sourcing the new pasture additions, which arrived today, but don't go in for around a month. Keeping a close eye on the future weather cast. Hopefully, this will overseed between 1/4 and 1/2 acre, and as they establish, they can self seed from there.

1643820240173.png

I’m in 8b in Florida and in horrible flatwoods sand. I used to live in rich hammock land in 9a where gardening and farming was much easier. My blueberry fields thrive in this sand but nothing else does. I’m struggling to establish large fields of pasture grass or cover crops. I’m finding no-till sowing into freshly mowed weeds does better than tilling and covering.

Back
Top Bottom