Bipolar Rooster????

Definitely try the holding under your arm technique. You may also find that he attacks you at certain spots in his territory (mine always did at the barn door, going in but not coming out). I would sometimes just sit with him in my lap and put my hand lightly over his eyes. Once he was relaxed/asleep I'd put him back down. If he was starting to act a "little" aggresive, sometimes stamping my feet loudly in front of him would snap him out of it. Unfortunately you will probably never get friends to do this technique....and them running only makes him run faster too. I would give guests a rake or broom to hand onto while they were outside with him roaming free. Hmmm...wonder if that is why people stopped coming over...LOL

fl.gif
Good luck w/ the suggestions you have gotten. But sometimes...try as you may... it doesn't work, but @ least you have done your best. Then it's time for freezer camp.
welcome-byc.gif

I have a rir who turned on me but after a few weeks his hormones settled a little. He will make little lunges but I have come to learn his body language. He usually does it when he first greets me in the morning the most. And I've actually gotten to where I kick him (not hard) but enough to stop him from his nonsense and it gets his attention.

I use his attitude to me advantage though. I have 3 jack russells with a taste for chicken and lately I've been keeping my roo outside with them. They won't touch him! This rooster chases them through the yard and beats the living snot out of them. It fights them like a gamecock until my younger of my 3 dogs runs crying. Seems cruel to the dogs but the rooster only does it when the walk near the coop. The dogs deserve it after killing 3 chickens !

But anyway my rooster is bipolar. Acts like an idiot at times but he's outgoing and friendly otherwise to me. I told my husband that Toffee the rooster is my nemesis!

It's working! Pierogi is back to being sweet---ish
Have been carrying him around under my arm, legs dangling, several times a day, 4 days now.
He is back to being my buddy. No more attacks, hopefully it sticks.
Thanks for the advice !

Back
Top Bottom