Birchen Cochin Bantam Thread!!!!!

I lost my boy Clark! I’m so devistated.... he was my absolute favorite! His wife Vivian misses him too! She went broody 3 days after his passing, but being her first time, she messed up the timing. She only hatched out one egg. It was a poulet!
I know I’d have to buy straight run from a hatchery! So I’m looking to buy a cockerel from an individual! Clark was a real beauty! He was about 6-8 months old in these pics View attachment 2423246View attachment 2423247View attachment 2423247View attachment 2423247View attachment 2423248]
I know this thread is a bit older but I just joined BYC and have an order for some birchen Cochin bantams and was looking for some real pictures of birchen adults and this rooster is beautiful!!!! Thank you for sharing

I know this thread is a bit older but I just joined BYC and have an order for some birchen Cochin bantams and was looking for some real pictures of birchen adults and this rooster is beautiful!!!! Thank you for sharing
This is my baby Danno ❤️🥰

A5684CC1-5775-4905-8F7E-B1AF7E0A5182.jpeg
618AF6A5-1666-45FB-B263-0CEBDE30C059.jpeg
CBB51B4E-0222-4763-87A8-4024FAD1B0FA.jpeg
532C32C5-88C6-46A9-8989-FC3F95B008BF.jpeg
667CD173-7A87-434E-BD63-0C518A8FE693.jpeg

He is absolutely lovely!!!!! I have a silver penciled boy and they seem a bit similar. How old is he if I may ask? Do you breed cochin bantams?
Thank You for replying🥰
Thank you! He’s about 9 months old I think. I got him last last April as a chick. 😊 I don’t breed them though but do have a few other bantam Cochins so that’s a good idea 😁 I got 5 of them straight run last year and he was the only boy surprisingly! I had hatched a bunch of chicks several months before that and ended up with 8 boys out of 9 chicks 😂😭 so I was glad I only got one that time. I lost one of the girls to a predator a couple months ago though so now down to 3 girls instead of 4 but yeah. They’re great!

Thank you! He’s about 9 months old I think. I got him last last April as a chick. 😊 I don’t breed them though but do have a few other bantam Cochins so that’s a good idea 😁 I got 5 of them straight run last year and he was the only boy surprisingly! I had hatched a bunch of chicks several months before that and ended up with 8 boys out of 9 chicks 😂😭 so I was glad I only got one that time. I lost one of the girls to a predator a couple months ago though so now down to 3 girls instead of 4 but yeah. They’re great!
I’m so sorry you lost one. He is beautiful and very proud , I can tell . What other colors do you have? Or all they all birchen? Do you have any More pics? Where do you get your chicks from? Sorry it’s just so hard to find people who also have Cochins and I’m so tired of looking at stock photos online lol. You can never tell if people are editing and changing the colors.

I’m so sorry you lost one. He is beautiful and very proud , I can tell . What other colors do you have? Or all they all birchen? Do you have any More pics? Where do you get your chicks from? Sorry it’s just so hard to find people who also have Cochins and I’m so tired of looking at stock photos online lol. You can never tell if people are editing and changing the colors.
Thank you! Would have been more but he got them all to safety. Except the straggler I guess 😭 I just have Birchen although they gave me a bonus one that’s black. I can’t remember which one it was that I lost right now though :oops: I’ll check in the morning hahah I have tons more pics! I got mine from Ideal because they were the only one I could find that had Brabanters and I figured I’d add some bantam Cochins too 😂🤣 I was in love with the birchen pattern hahah and it’s okay! Don’t be sorry hahah

Thank you! Would have been more but he got them all to safety. Except the straggler I guess 😭 I just have Birchen although they gave me a bonus one that’s black. I can’t remember which one it was that I lost right now though :oops: I’ll check in the morning hahah I have tons more pics! I got mine from Ideal because they were the only one I could find that had Brabanters and I figured I’d add some bantam Cochins too 😂🤣 I was in love with the birchen pattern hahah and it’s okay! Don’t be sorry hahah
Cool cool, I also have gotten a few of mine from ideal. They’re the only hatchery I’ve ordered from so far, everyone else seems to be a bit more pricy and doesn’t have that big of a selection. I’d love to see your pics when you get a chance. No rush though, just glad my typing into the abyss found someone haha

Cool cool, I also have gotten a few of mine from ideal. They’re the only hatchery I’ve ordered from so far, everyone else seems to be a bit more pricy and doesn’t have that big of a selection. I’d love to see your pics when you get a chance. No rush though, just glad my typing into the abyss found someone haha
Most of mine are from Meyer but they don’t carry Brabanters and also their prices have gone up a lot 😂🤣😭 I’ve hatched some from my own flock though which was neat :love they weren’t Cochins though. Barnyard mixes hahah and I just posted them 😁 I’m glad I was already watching this thread and found it when I came back today hahah

I happened upon 2 Birchen Cochin Bantams when I was shopping TSC last year hope y’all enjoy the pics I’ve taken of these 2 (they are the smallest birds I have besides my other roo but they are our power couple)

From their first day outside (they still came in at night because it still got down to 40s but day time temps were in the 80s)
14D8E7B0-70D1-40C6-A7D0-81A948AEF6C2.jpeg

0BDCFE9C-F0BD-44DD-A495-80651200D5CB.jpeg

back when he was still in his “teenage” years... my son named him “Mr. Poopybutthead”.
CDCB7D54-4539-42D8-A96C-C7AFFD6E473E.jpeg

8369A0F4-DCE5-4576-AC3E-733DA2804D0A.jpeg

you can see him behind our Red Pyle Old English Game Bird
A59A5F3A-DF35-495B-BAC9-9A7364CA40E3.jpeg

E9675221-CD60-4A54-898B-B65C432A31BD.jpeg

they like to hide out in our brush areas a lot (we are in the high desert of Arizona)
9A07C0AF-CD6E-4BAC-8189-6691429EFF67.jpeg

I don’t have any better pics of Mrs. Poopybutthead from recent times but... these are the 4 chicks she raised (I replaced ceramic eggs with 2 sapphire gem Oliver eggers and 2 blue laced red Wyandotte when she went broody) she’s an awesome and overly protective momma hen
E51B8F80-FA57-4407-B8A0-0FFA6C22D160.jpeg

I’ve only ever had RIR and these 2 roosters 9/10 I’d try and get another Birchen Cochin Bantam rooster again... he really does try his best for all the girls.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom