Birchen Cochin Bantam Thread!!!!!

I happened upon 2 Birchen Cochin Bantams when I was shopping TSC last year hope y’all enjoy the pics I’ve taken of these 2 (they are the smallest birds I have besides my other roo but they are our power couple)

From their first day outside (they still came in at night because it still got down to 40s but day time temps were in the 80s)
View attachment 2504506
View attachment 2504505
back when he was still in his “teenage” years... my son named him “Mr. Poopybutthead”.
View attachment 2504503
View attachment 2504502
you can see him behind our Red Pyle Old English Game Bird
View attachment 2504501
View attachment 2504499
they like to hide out in our brush areas a lot (we are in the high desert of Arizona)
View attachment 2504496
I don’t have any better pics of Mrs. Poopybutthead from recent times but... these are the 4 chicks she raised (I replaced ceramic eggs with 2 sapphire gem Oliver eggers and 2 blue laced red Wyandotte when she went broody) she’s an awesome and overly protective momma hen
View attachment 2504495
I’ve only ever had RIR and these 2 roosters 9/10 I’d try and get another Birchen Cochin Bantam rooster again... he really does try his best for all the girls.
They’re so cute :love

They really are... I’m planning to grow my flock by another 15-20 chickens this spring/summer and I already ordered more Birchens from Cackle fingers crossed 🤞 I don’t get all boys since they are unsexed
That’s awesome!! :love I want to add more but I have too many chickens as is 😂🤣

I’ve had both really bad luck with 8/9 being boys and really good luck with only 1/9 being a boy and everything in between including exactly 50/50 with 2/4 so hopefully you’ll lean towards the good luck side 😂🤣 granted in the second batch where I got 1 boy, only 5 of those were straight run and the other 4 were sexed females but still, we all know it could have been wrong hahah

Yeah when I got these 2 they were just in a straight run bantam mix tub... I got 2 Red Pyle Old English Game Birds and 2 Birchens... both the Red Pyles were cockerels so I asked around and found one a safe home (he’s breeder quality) and of course Mr. Poopybutthead was a cockerel also... but I’ll never buy ducks again after my first/last batch (5/9 were drakes)

Yeah when I got these 2 they were just in a straight run bantam mix tub... I got 2 Red Pyle Old English Game Birds and 2 Birchens... both the Red Pyles were cockerels so I asked around and found one a safe home (he’s breeder quality) and of course Mr. Poopybutthead was a cockerel also... but I’ll never buy ducks again after my first/last batch (5/9 were drakes)
Oh wow! I didn’t realize they even carried those breeds! That’s awesome! I want ducks eventually but they’re so messy 😂

Hey we got this little one at 10 weeks old now. I'm pretty sure it's a hen but not positive.
20210620_015747.jpg
20210620_015744.jpg

Back
Top Bottom