Birchen Cochin Bantam Thread!!!!!

I'm not implying he's BBS Dog, simply that he doesn't look birchen, or any recognized variety. He looks like a mixed color. Blue with leakage.
Ohhh I wasn’t sure since did mention blue ahah mixed makes sense and I do agree with that but wasn’t sure how leakage would get into a pure BBS hahah but mixed makes sense. All that said though, I think it depends how old he is too because Danno looked like just leakage for a while too but the color got fuller as he got older and he got wayyyyy more color there. But if they were supposed to be BBS then it’s probably a mixed color. Although I don’t see how that’s possible from a hatchery bird unless these are from a breeder?

Ohhh I wasn’t sure since did mention blue ahah mixed makes sense and I do agree with that but wasn’t sure how leakage would get into a pure BBS hahah but mixed makes sense. All that said though, I think it depends how old he is too because Danno looked like just leakage for a while too but the color got fuller as he got older and he got wayyyyy more color there. But if they were supposed to be BBS then it’s probably a mixed color. Although I don’t see how that’s possible from a hatchery bird unless these are from a breeder?
I assumed it was from a breeder. But look at the saddles, they look solid blue. When Feather's started feathering in the saddles came in birchen

EFC099FA-AD24-4EE5-99E7-069B45EFAD25.jpeg

Yeah it probably is and ohhhhhh true that makes sense hahah
Yes, he was from a local breeder who said they were pet quality BBS bantam Cochins. He came from a whole hatch of BBS babies, his siblings are all solid messy blue or black…so when he started showing so much gold in his hackles I was confused! I think the coloring is pretty but the true birchen are even prettier!

Yes, he was from a local breeder who said they were pet quality BBS bantam Cochins. He came from a whole hatch of BBS babies, his siblings are all solid messy blue or black…so when he started showing so much gold in his hackles I was confused! I think the coloring is pretty but the true birchen are even prettier!
Ahh that makes sense! I bet a rooster and/or hen snuck somewhere they weren’t supposed to be hahah

Ahh that makes sense! I bet a rooster and/or hen snuck somewhere they weren’t supposed to be hahah

Yeah no doubt! Haha 😆 He’s got a lot of spunk though!
Have you contacted the breeder about it? They would probably like to know so they can fix it hahah and he’s adorable!

Back
Top Bottom