Bird Aviary Chat Thread

Its that time of the year so me and yellow herb are adding more space. We had a plan for what we wanted then she changed her mind so im not sure what im building now. It was going to be a hallway and 2 small aviary's but its sounding more of a large extension now. Either way the outside will stay the same so im going to just carry on building. The worst part was getting past a large tree root which wouldn't allow me to get the base set before building the walls. Some of the stuff in the picture is construction material that will be removed it helps to hold stuff in place until you get every thing in place. Its also one of the reasons I prefer to use screws rather than nails.

The sultans were helping G with the excavations.
barnie.gif

finally got the parts to finish the aviary. I learnt the hard way that just because the internet says that home depo has the roof panels in stock it doesn't mean that they really have them. First store was meant to have 20 and they had none. Second store was meant to have 9 and they had 1 and the last store had 72 in stock and luck for me they had 9 so after 2 hours of dragging a large trailer in the middle of a city I finally got the 4 i needed for the weekend.

Hope to get this done by the weekend then build a connection to the original finch cage so they can migrate into the new aviary with out having to move them.

Finally finished building my aviary and released 2 budgies,2 zebra finches and 2 grass finches into it.

And then I have another cute budgie in quarantine
1f60a.png

Here's my new finch aviary @gpop1 built me. The back wall isn't completed yet since we have chicks and eggs in the old cage/aviary. He built the old one on to the new one temporary to allow the finches to migrate on their own.

They do not care much for my perches but prefer the branches of the cockatiel aviary. We removed the cockatiel door to allow them to use the new aviary as extra flight space and the finches are going into the tiel side and seem to prefer it. I think we are going to have to take down my "swings" and put in stable branches to make anyone happy. The cockatiels hate the new extension so far but I think it's due to the perches.

I love the depth of this aviary. I think I prefer the depth rather than width like our other aviaries are. It just seems roomier.

Here's my new finch aviary @gpop1 built me. The back wall isn't completed yet since we have chicks and eggs in the old cage/aviary. He built the old one on to the new one temporary to allow the finches to migrate on their own.

They do not care much for my perches but prefer the branches of the cockatiel aviary. We removed the cockatiel door to allow them to use the new aviary as extra flight space and the finches are going into the tiel side and seem to prefer it. I think we are going to have to take down my "swings" and put in stable branches to make anyone happy. The cockatiels hate the new extension so far but I think it's due to the perches.

I love the depth of this aviary. I think I prefer the depth rather than width like our other aviaries are. It just seems roomier.

glad to get that project out of the way. Wonder what we are going to build next year, Maybe a large flight on the budgies or another extension for the tiels. What ever it is yellowherbs not going to be happy as its not going to be a chicken coop.

You can tell which birds get the most of Gpop's love just by their aviary's or houses. The chickens don't get no love :(
The chickens should get love. There's plenty of love to go around. The aviaries are fabulous. I just wish I had gpop at my house to put up aviaries everywhere....LOL I could be in there with the birds and a cup of tea.

Back
Top Bottom