Bird Bath

Quote:
You mean they lay on their sides ruffle feathers, kick water up into the feathers and essentially "wallow" in water. Then jump up and shake it out?

Like this but with water?

Again, videos please.

Quote:
I think they do. When they are dust bathing they are purposely getting the dust down to their skin and throughout their down to kill off bugs and mites. They do not do that with water.

Well, I have seen chickens sit in mud puddles while it is raining and get it down to their skin. So I guess..to each his own chicken self be true.

We turn the lawn sprinkler on the garden and position it where it hits the back half of the run and they all (5) make a run thru and some actually hang out in the watered area...

Quote:
You mean they lay on their sides ruffle feathers, kick water up into the feathers and essentially "wallow" in water. Then jump up and shake it out?

Like this but with water?

Again, videos please.

I was figuring just a shallow water area where they can splash themselves down and cool off, but then I saw this silly bird!!!
ep.gif

guess there will always be show-offs in every species!!
lau.gif

Yes, we have one that will dig for an hour to make the perfect hole..others who barely fling it..go figure.

In any event, there are plenty of people who offer their birds misters and such who can tell their birds really enjoy it..try it and see what yours like and don't like.

Quote:
That's a great idea too. Seems like easier maintenance. As long as I don't cast feed in that area, it won't get wasted either

Back
Top Bottom