Bird Biotic?

I started treating my 3 chicks yesterday. One of them has been shaking her head and kinda sniffling since I got them about 1 month ago and I didn't think anything of it and now I'm afraid I have doomed my entire flock to get whatever it is she has, one of her sisters has started to do the same recently 😕. They all seem fine apart from that though, they are eating and they have a lot of energy, so I'm hoping it's nothing serious. Never getting chicks from Tractor Supply ever again!

How many chickens are you treating? I'm giving them one of the 100mg packets in 8oz as per the instructions but I'm not sure if that's too much or maybe not enough for the 3 baby chicks. Sorry I don't have answers for you but please keep us updated on the progress of your girls!

Not all but at least one of them has mildly labored breathing and sneezing.
She is also withdrawn. I'd like to nip it before it gets worse. I'm thinking something in the water would be good but that would mean treating them all.
How old is she?
Could there be another reason for the labored breathing - crop not emptying, fluid in the abdomen, canker/lesions inside the beak...

Check her out really well. If you feel she needs an antibiotic, then I would only treat her if she's the only one showing any symptoms.

How old is she?
Could there be another reason for the labored breathing - crop not emptying, fluid in the abdomen, canker/lesions inside the beak...

Check her out really well. If you feel she needs an antibiotic, then I would only treat her if she's the only one showing any symptoms.

She's about three yrs old.

Back
Top Bottom