Bird Netting + snow = bad idea

I think he's like anybody else and agrees that climate always changes, always has and always will. What he says is a hoax is CO2 causing warming that causes cooling. You can't have it both ways when your hypothesis fails. But that's exactly what climate activists are doing.

Some scientists have been saying that the earth is actually on an elliptical orbit instead of a circular one. Recently they discovered a spot in space with the exact gravitational pull as the sun, which confirms the hypothesis. This accounts for natural weather change. It wouldn’t even be strange for the poles to flip.

Some scientists have been saying that the earth is actually on an elliptical orbit instead of a circular one. Recently they discovered a spot in space with the exact gravitational pull as the sun, which confirms the hypothesis. This accounts for natural weather change. It wouldn’t even be strange for the poles to flip.
Won't that be an exciting ride.:oops:

Won't that be an exciting ride.:oops:

It could get real "exciting". NASA is forecasting beginning 2020 the lowest solar minimum in 200 years. Solar minimums are associated with cooler climate, and 200 years ago was the Dalton minimum during the Little Ice Age. Mount Tamboro blew its top in 1815, which further cooled the planet; 1816 is known as "the year without a summer". People don't die en masse (millions) from hotter weather, but they do during famines caused by colder weather that shortens growing seasons and creates weather instabilities/abnormalities that make harvests fail. We're already starting to see some unusual things this year.

Oh my heavens yes. I go without netting after the first collapse. My run now has cross pieces over the top of strapping spaced about 5 feet apart. From each piece is hanging 2 to 3 pieces of 4 to 5 foot strip of bird scare tape. Chickens ignore it and not one hawk attack now in 5 years. I have seen them land close by, watch for a few min and then leave. Hawks and owls can not handle the moving, flashing tape.

Regardless of your reinforcement, if you live where you get real snow, the netting is going to collapse. It is not made to hold up that weight.

Oh my heavens yes. I go without netting after the first collapse. My run now has cross pieces over the top of strapping spaced about 5 feet apart. From each piece is hanging 2 to 3 pieces of 4 to 5 foot strip of bird scare tape. Chickens ignore it and not one hawk attack now in 5 years. I have seen them land close by, watch for a few min and then leave. Hawks and owls can not handle the moving, flashing tape.

Regardless of your reinforcement, if you live where you get real snow, the netting is going to collapse. It is not made to hold up that weight.

We are lucky here not to have to worry about hawks and other predators, my reason for the netting, was to keep the wild birds from eating the chicken food.

We fixed it up yesterday, totally removed the top, or what was left it, and made the fences higher.

We brought Treadle Feeders for the girls to use and to keep the wild birds from the feed. They got the hang of these really quick.

So now we have an open top and I think the girls are happier this way, as more bugs can fly into the run.

I don’t live were we are meant to get any snow. :gigWe probably won’t see any snow again now for 10 yrs, it is a very very rare occurrence. This winter, it snowed 3 times.

We use heavy duty chicken wire and lots of supports for the run and the roof to keep the critters out. It also will withstand the snow better. I go out and knock the snow down afterwards as we get lots of snow in Minnesota.
I had thought of using chicken wire over the top, but just figured it was easier now to go without a top. I know if it had a top again, I would only worry every winter that it would collapse again.

I don’t have to worry about predators coming into my run, my only problem was the wild birds eating the chicken food. I got treadle feeders now, so an open top is fine now.

It could get real "exciting". NASA is forecasting beginning 2020 the lowest solar minimum in 200 years. Solar minimums are associated with cooler climate, and 200 years ago was the Dalton minimum during the Little Ice Age. Mount Tamboro blew its top in 1815, which further cooled the planet; 1816 is known as "the year without a summer". People don't die en masse (millions) from hotter weather, but they do during famines caused by colder weather that shortens growing seasons and creates weather instabilities/abnormalities that make harvests fail. We're already starting to see some unusual things this year.

Sounds like Luke 21:11 “There will be great earthquakes, and there will be famines and plagues in many lands, and there will be terrifying things and great miraculous signs from heaven.”
Glad I know where I’m going though lol.

Oh it does, it looks so pretty, but is horrible stuff at the same time.

We still have piles of it in the back yard, and there is a group of snowmen up the road :gig

With any luck it is all over and and we can get back to the lovely spring days we were having.

I'm doing this this year. instead of giant piles of snow on the side of the drives I'm going to make them into snowman armies...

They're already predicting this will happen. Theyve proven both magnetic poles have moved. I saw something on it a few weeks back

I use to work for the IL Dept of Natural Resources where we raised 40k pheasants for hunting opportunities. We had (40) 1acre pens, with nothing but poultry netting over top, supported by aircraft cable and turnbuckles. When I build my coop, my pen is 600sqft, with netting supported by cable and turnbuckles. In So. IL we get more ice than snow, and have yet to have an issue. It for us and our 40,000 bird at the State Preserve, as well as on my private farm.

Back
Top Bottom