Birds of a Feather

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow well that's pretty incredible then! Glad to have a male constant talker to join silver and I! =)
That's sweet but I'm a woman
hide.gif
. Everyone on here assumes I'm a man though so it's alright.
Where are you from??

I see you have bantam ducks. Like call ducks?? You don't happen to sell eggs do you? I have (sigh) 5 call drakes and 1 female. I have them separated but 3 of them desperately need mates but they are SO hard to find. Eggs are a fortune too
hit.gif
I'm in Central Texas. Waco to be exact. Sorry to hear of your sex ratio issue. I've rehomed all of my drakes for now so I probably won't be buying new ones until next spring. I've thought about eggs but they are so expensive and calls are quite tricky to hatch out.

Have you tried a ad in the Buy Sell Trade section? You might find a few hits that way.

Yes I've tried numerous places to find live birds or eggs but no one will let the females go. I haven't even found anymore ducklings anywhere! I don't want to let them go though because 3 of them I've had since they were a couple of days old. They have their own little run and coop. I've tried putting skovie ducklings in there and they're mean to them too. The only ones they aren't mean to are my JG pair that can't be with the other chickens because they won't fight back!

Yes female calls are extremely hard to come by. Even pet quality ones are hard to find down here. With them being so fragile they aren't candidates for shipping as day olds. Do you have any poultry shows in your area? I've had luck finding a few birds that way.

Hmm sounds like if you started breeding them you wouldn't have much competition for selling your birds

RIGHT!!! I wouldn't have any competition at all! Now if only I could get my hands on a bunch of females!!
That would defiantly be a giant plus! Hopefully since fall is here more people will have birds up for sale
fl.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom