Birds to be remembered

ChickenHeartedHen

Ameraucanas 🐓
Feb 3, 2023
New Mexico
Hey all,
I’m sure we have all gone through the pain of losing a beloved bird. I created this thread in memory of my BO hen named Camacho. She passed 2 years ago today. She truly was quirky, and had the sweetest personality I’ve ever seen in a chicken. She was sneaky, and always managed to sneak some food from me. One morning, we found her dead in the roost. We figured she died from bug poisoning. (Ate a ton of roaches who ate poison) I would love to hear about the birds you guys have lost?

So sorry for your loss. I lost a bird very dear to me that was heartbreaking.

I have lost many due to different reasons, the one that stands out above all the others is Emily. I believe she was taken by a hawk. I can’t even describe how wonderful she was in words. When she ran, she put her head down and did a fast torpedo. She did that every time you called her name and was the spiciest fluff ball to exist.
760CBA00-E0F0-4088-8D89-DFACC42EEA6D.jpeg
She would stand on her tip toes and growl at anyone, even twice her size. When she was little she tripped on her toe feathers when she ran. I love Emily and i always will. The pain of loosing her was so extreme, im even getting a bit emotional writing this. I looked past 3 acres for her in hopes she was okay, i went in every yard in our neighborhood (with permission) and she was never found. Not a noise was made when i called her name. I think the thing that hurt the most is i walked in, just for a moment to get their food. I was right by the kitchen window, i looked away for a moment, there was no noise, then she was gone with a pile of feathers in her place. I hope she passed painless.

Last edited:
52ED7334-4676-40D4-996A-2E62477A902E.jpeg

This was Fuzzy- to this day we still don’t know why she passed, but she was such a sweet bird. Whenever we would go outside and let them out, she would jump up on your shoulder and just sit there. She passed away a little over a year ago and she had just turned a year old. We miss you Fuzzy. ❤️

They both sound like sweet girls. It’s always devastating to lose something you love. Chickens and poultry just have a special way of getting into your heart. And when they’re gone, the space just can’t be filled again. They will always be remembered.

I’m so sorry to hear about Camacho- she sounds like she was truly one in a million! All you can do is give them the best life possible, and hope for the best. Sending love for your other baby that’s struggling- it sounds like she’s had a good life. :hugs ❤️❤️❤️

Back
Top Bottom