Birdy girls!

JLBS

In the Brooder
5 Years
Dec 13, 2014
Hi everyone! My name is Jesse. My husband Aaron and I are raising two hens. I open their coop each morning and say, "Hi birdy girls!" Misty is a Rhode Island red hen who has laid nine eggs so far. She is loud and proud, beautiful, and sassy. Pikachu is a buff Orpington, a little smaller than our red hen. She's a quiet gal, and has not laid any eggs yet. She is silky soft and great with kids and new people who want to hold a chicken for the first time. Our dog kody, and our two cats Boots and Kelly, love to hang out and watch the birds as they play in the yard. I'm happy to be a part of the My Pet Chicken community!

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif
I am so glad you decided to join our flock.

Welcome to BYC, Jesse! Glad you decided to join our flock. My daughter's name is Jesse as well. I'm not surprised that your Buff Orpington is great with kids and people who want to hold a chicken for the first time. I've raised BOs for years (along with dozens of other breeds) and they are very calm and gentle. My children, and now my granddaughter (pictured in my avatar) made lap pets of them. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

frow.gif
Jesse, pleased to meet you. How great that you dog and cats, get along with the chickens - that is rare indeed. Glad you joined the BYC flock.

welcome-byc.gif

Welcome to BYC!!! The members here are great and so are their chickens
wink.png
!!! This is the BEST CHICKEN KEEPING FORUM ON EARTH!!!!

Hope you have fun and if you need anything we are here to help!!

welcome-byc.gif

Back
Top Bottom