Bit by the hatching bug ... Marans hatch

So far, the eggs havent been disturbed since I set them. Planning on trying to candle them tomorrow night...which would be day 10.... then leave them again until lockdown.

well, tonight will be the end of day 10.....so I had to go try and candle these eggs and see whats up. Most are pretty dark brown and dont let a lot of light through...but I could tell that all but two had a "dark mass" in them. Im hoping this is a good sign. The other two were a uniform brightness. Keeping my fingers crossed.
fl.gif

Good luck Matt! I was able to get my Maran eggs reserved for next Monday so I'm happy about that as well! Have you ever weighed your eggs prior to incubation and during? I haven't. Just curious...

no, ive never weighed them. It sounds like if you have time to spend at home during this process, you can make it quite a science.

well the eggs are at day 17. I'm a bit freaked out I can't really tell how big the air cell is on the eggs. I guess a few more days and we'll see what happens

Hi Matt I set my eggs last night. I decided to buy a $22 food digital scale to weigh. I have issues candling and seeing anything so I thought maybe if I was seeing a loss of weight in egg I could relax a little. We will see.

Hi Matt I set my eggs last night. I decided to buy a $22 food digital scale to weigh. I have issues candling and seeing anything so I thought maybe if I was seeing a loss of weight in egg I could relax a little. We will see.
Ill look forward to a report on how that works.

Back
Top Bottom