Bit by the hatching bug ... Marans hatch

I have to agree Matt. I made the decision to only incubate once a year. Too frustrating!!! I am enjoying the break and moved onto rabbits. :)

Kristie
well, I lost the two that I helped out......so that puts me at 9. I agree with you Kristie..... Im more than ready to put the bator away and jsut hang out with the chicks

out of my nine ... so far it looks like I only have one roo...
celebrate.gif

out of my nine ...   so far it looks like I only have one roo...  :celebrate

Lucky you Matt!!!

I have an exact 50/50 split which I'm thrilled about for my Marans and one roo and 3 hens for my buffs. :)

I'm hatching again in my incubator and my hen is broody. We will see what my hatch rate is with her. Have you hatched using a broody hen?

Kristie

Lucky you Matt!!!

I have an exact 50/50 split which I'm thrilled about for my Marans and one roo and 3 hens for my buffs. :)

I'm hatching again in my incubator and my hen is broody. We will see what my hatch rate is with her. Have you hatched using a broody hen?

Kristie
Im very surprised, Kristie
I havent hatched anymore...but I did pick up some EE chicks. I based my purchase on having more roos than 1.
Ive never tried to hatch with a broody...that was my plan when I bought my opr last year, but I sold her earlier this spring. We'll see how this batch grows out.
How many do you have in the bator now?

Hi, how do u candle maran eggs, or what do u look for, because i have a few in the bator at the minute, and i tried candling them, and i cant see Anything! :lol its so difficult :)?

Hi, how do u candle maran eggs, or what do u look for, because i have a few in the bator at the minute, and i tried candling them, and i cant see Anything! :lol its so difficult
smile.png
?
I havent had much luck since the eggs are sooooo dark. This last batch, I only checked them at day 10, and threw out the clear ones.... beyond that, just sit back and wait.

Im very surprised, Kristie
I havent hatched anymore...but I did pick up some EE chicks.  I based my purchase on having more roos than 1.  
Ive never tried to hatch with a broody...that was my plan when I bought my opr last year, but I sold her earlier this spring.  We'll see how this batch grows out.
How many do you have in the bator now?

Matt I have 24 in the bator and 10 under my broody hen. This batch is going to my neighbor. I don't need anymore babies this year!! These are orp's, Marans, EE and RIR's. Looking forward to the hatch next weekend in my incubator. The broody hen eggs have a ways to hatch. Just experimenting with her...anxious to see hatch rate.

Kristie

Back
Top Bottom