Biting my nails with worry

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by mrsengeseth, Mar 28, 2009.

1. mrsengeseth

mrsengeseth Chillin' With My Peeps

I have to make an emergency trip back home next week. The kids and Hubby will be staying home. I am excited that I get to go, even though it's for a somber reason. Not for one minute am I doubting the trip.

However, i am worried how the hens, incubating eggs, pick up of baby quails, and such will go. It's all gonna happen this coming week while I am gone! Ack, ack!! SIL is watching the kids during the day, and the kids all know their jobs while I am gone. But SIL will have to pick up my dozen quail babies from a guy who is bringing them up. My nerves are shot!!

I am hoping I don't come home to a bunch of pet problems! [​IMG]

2. ChickBond 007

ChickBond 007 Licensed to Cull

Feb 26, 2009
    Madison County, Iowa
    Prayers for your trip and safe return. All will fall into place

3. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

If I were you I would leave a long list of instructions and a monetary award upon return if all is kept straight.

4. mrsengeseth

mrsengeseth Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:that's a very good idea! hmmmmm

5. AhBee01

AhBee01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2007
    yo. ohio
    When I left for vacation I left charts in each pen that had to be sighed each day so no one would double feed and knew exactly what they had to do!
    It worked great!
    Brenda

6. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    Written instructions stuck up everywhere is good, then there should be no mistakes...... but fingers crossed for you... have a safe journey xx [​IMG]

7. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    I went home for a visit for 10 days... for each day I was gone I listed out instuctions... who gets how many eggs, who gets what food, stop turning these eggs... [​IMG] Nobody died. He did good. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by