BJ'S Game Bird Farm ????

Discussion in 'Quail' started by PARKBOY, Mar 7, 2010.

1. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    Quote:This is what I had planned but these people will not answer there phone.

Email them. It is a small family business. They live off site. I doubt anyone stays in the office long enough to hear a phone ring. As far as bj's birds--- I'll never deal with them again. Got some of his "HUGE BUTLER BOB WHITE QUAIL" --- Yeah r i g h t ! Pull on the other leg for a while so they match buddy. Hatch rate was depolrable, packing sucked at best, and the birds when fully mature? Heck i've had button quail that size. They were bobs, but they werent BUTLER BOBS.

2. pascopol

pascopol Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2009
    Tampa Bay
    Yea, there must be a reason why he is getting almost no bids on ebay, or eggbid.

Seems quiet a few of people were burned by this jerk.

His claims about the "biggest" and "best" birds are load of crap.

3. JJMR794

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    Quote:OR "ORIGINAL"

YES PASCOPAL SO MANY ARE.......

While I am not 1 to chase after the ellusive GREAT WHITE QUAIL, I do have serious hopes of bantam chicken sized Bob white quail (and am getting closer to my goals through selective breeding and time! lotsa time!) So like many of you who do chase THE GREAT WHITE QUAIL I too have to sort thru many false claims or misrepresentations. Not only can it be expensive, annoying, and a waste of time, but also down right infuriating! 2 choices, 1., Give up and quit. or 2. Keep weeding thru the liars cheats and dishonest sellers out there and steadily working toward your goal.

I for 1 am always wary of a few terms used in advertisements such as "A&M'S" "ORIGINALS" "SHOW QUALITY" (when applied to eggs, Like you can tell these are gonna be show quality birds before they hatch--- 1 of the bird world's biggest lies!) "HUGE" but these are just my personal observations.

4. pascopol

Jan 6, 2009
    Tampa Bay
    JJ I did not know you are working on White Bobwhites, I may get into Bobwhites later on, perhaps will join you in pursuit of GREAT WHITE BOB.

5. JJMR794

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    Pascopal If I Can Get Them Up To 32 Oz They Could Be Hunter's Orange With Hot Pink Polka Dots And I Wouldnt Care! I Am Not Working On White Bobs... Just Big Bobs, Really Big Sumo Wrestler Bobs!

The Great White Quail Term Is What I Reserve For The Elusive "true A&m" Coturnix. Becuase Much Like Moby Dick "the Great White Whale"... There Are No White Meat Coturnix Of Any Size And Especially Not Any "white Meat, 300lbs, 6ft 7inch Tall In 3 Wks After Hatch, And Laying When It Was 4 Days Old" They Are Both Fiction Sadly Enough... Imaginary Creatures Cooked Up By Fable And Folklore Much Like Sasquatch, The Mothman, And The Boogy Man.

6. worldling

worldling Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2010
    Quote:Amen brother!

If people spent half the time breeding coturnix for size, rather than meat color, we might actually have some real almost pushing 16 oz. coturnix genes to improve upon. IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW "LIGHT" THE MEAT IS, IT STILL TASTES LIKE COTURNIX!!! A coturnix, is a coturnix, is a coturnix.

Sorry for shouting, BUT IT IS THE TRUTH!

Larger birds...Yes, but coturnix that taste like East Zambadizian Gutter snipes or heaven forbid chicken...No.
    Before I get slammed, I'm not talking about people breeding for different color mutations. That is something totally different, and admirable.

7. pascopol

Jan 6, 2009
    Tampa Bay
    Reading all this I don't know why but a term "Great White Shark" comes to mine mind all the time.

Is it normal?

LOL

8. worldling

worldling Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2010
    Quote:That's normal, until you get the blow back that is yet to come. Seek and ye shall learn! [​IMG]

In Star Trek terms...Inertial dampeners to maximum! Brace for impact!

9. PARKBOY

PARKBOY Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2008
    LEBANON, KY
    Quote:This is what I had planned but these people will not answer there phone.

Email them. It is a small family business. They live off site. I doubt anyone stays in the office long enough to hear a phone ring. As far as bj's birds--- I'll never deal with them again. Got some of his "HUGE BUTLER BOB WHITE QUAIL" --- Yeah r i g h t ! Pull on the other leg for a while so they match buddy. Hatch rate was depolrable, packing sucked at best, and the birds when fully mature? Heck i've had button quail that size. They were bobs, but they werent BUTLER BOBS.

Id rather talk to a live person on the phone. If they cant give me that then they dont want my business.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2010
  10. DLS

DLS Chillin' With My Peeps

I tried to order from hin.. He seemed kind of BIG HEADED & thought his birds were the only ones on the planet... He said GOD said to sell to me (should of ben a RED FLAG right then) .I wanted to get some to mix my blood lines 2 weeks no eggs. Have I been robbed?

Last edited: Mar 9, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by