1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Black Asian Sex Link....pullet or roo??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by spark326, Apr 27, 2016.

1. spark326

spark326 New Egg

Apr 25, 2016
    We got 6 chicks from TSC on Friday (3 white leghorn pullets and 3 black asian sex link pullets). One of the white ones died the first night. Then Saturday, we got some older pullets from a friend. After a little research, I am wondering if one of our black pullets (or 2) might be a roo. What do you guys think?

Chick #1
    [​IMG]

Chick #2
    [​IMG]

Chick #3
    [​IMG]

And what breed do you think these pullets are?
    [​IMG]

Sorry for the poor pictures! I have no idea how to keep these little guys still for long enough to get a pic!

2. chicken4prez

chicken4prez Chillin' With My Peeps

The first three pictures are to young to tell and the forth pic: Back, Red Sex Link and front I'm not sure

3. Chicken Girl1

Chicken Girl1 Irish Colleen Premium Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    If the first one is indeed an Black sex link that is is a boy, since the males have white dots while the females do not. Also you pullets maybe Red sex-links.

4. legacyfarms

legacyfarms New Egg

Mar 22, 2017
    Ohio
    Hello spark326

Im sure u know by now. It's been a year, but I just got Asian and they sold to me as straight run. I was surprised to see they are sex linked on your post. The chick #1 lois like a Barred Rock to me. Not a Asian. Notice it doesn't have greenish legs.

The other 2 I think are Amberlink (white one) and Redstar,Comet,Golden Buff..they are basically the same. How did they turn out.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by