Black Asian Sex Link....pullet or roo??

spark326

Hatching
Apr 25, 2016
We got 6 chicks from TSC on Friday (3 white leghorn pullets and 3 black asian sex link pullets). One of the white ones died the first night. Then Saturday, we got some older pullets from a friend. After a little research, I am wondering if one of our black pullets (or 2) might be a roo. What do you guys think?

Chick #1

Chick #2

Chick #3

And what breed do you think these pullets are?

Sorry for the poor pictures! I have no idea how to keep these little guys still for long enough to get a pic!

We got 6 chicks from TSC on Friday (3 white leghorn pullets and 3 black asian sex link pullets). One of the white ones died the first night. Then Saturday, we got some older pullets from a friend. After a little research, I am wondering if one of our black pullets (or 2) might be a roo. What do you guys think?

Chick #1

Chick #2

Chick #3

Sorry for the poor pictures! I have no idea how to keep these little guys still for long enough to get a pic!

The first three pictures are to young to tell and the forth pic: Back, Red Sex Link and front I'm not sure

Chick #1

Chick #2

Chick #3

If the first one is indeed an Black sex link that is is a boy, since the males have white dots while the females do not. Also you pullets maybe Red sex-links.

Hello spark326

Im sure u know by now. It's been a year, but I just got Asian and they sold to me as straight run. I was surprised to see they are sex linked on your post. The chick #1 lois like a Barred Rock to me. Not a Asian. Notice it doesn't have greenish legs.

The other 2 I think are Amberlink (white one) and Redstar,Comet,Golden Buff..they are basically the same. How did they turn out.

Back
Top Bottom