Black australorp and Americana

chickachicka121

Hatching
May 19, 2016
Hello! I have 4 black australorp hens, 5 Americana hens, and a black australorp roo (so much for all pullets!). Can we get chicks from the Americana hens? If so, what would they be?

welcome-byc.gif

I kinda confused by your question, what exactly do you mean? If your asking if the eggs from your Ameraucanas can hatch chicks then yes so long as your rooster is doing his "job". Also they would be considered mixes. Oh and your hens are either Ameraucanas or Easter Eggers because "Americanas" aren't a breed.

I'm really new to the chicken scene and was just going off of what autocorrect said/what I could remember them being called and trying to spell it out myself. Yes, though thank you, that's exactly what I was asking. My grandpap seemed to think that we wouldn't get chicks from them because they're different breeds

welcome-byc.gif

Chickens will make mixed breed offspring just like dogs or cats, etc. Your rooster will be more than happy to mate with all your hens
wink.png

Since he's black, most of the offspring would be black. Depending on what color eggs the momma hen lays, the offspring pullets could lay various shades of green or brown.

Back
Top Bottom