Black Australorp.... pullets or cockerel??

That would put them at 17 weeks, now. Australorps don't lay that early. The new owners are getting eggs from different birds...
There
Nope, they are the only pullets they have. They haven't added new chickens to their flock in awhile and they just started getting eggs from them. There is a thread on this website of when people's Australorps started laying so they are not the only ones.

They are sure, they are the only pullets they have. There is another forum on here and some others have said theirs started laying at 17-18 weeks too

Sometimes hens can still lay eggs that look like pullet eggs. And if they were crowing flat out... then I'm still not truly convinced that they are laying. This is only my opinion though!

Sometimes hens can still lay eggs that look like pullet eggs. And if they were crowing flat out... then I'm still not truly convinced that they are laying. This is only my opinion though!

She said they do not crow at her house. She hasn't heard it even once. I guess they just did not like my house lol

I find this thread very interesting. I always kinda wish people who post gender questions would repost later with confirmation. But then on the other hand so many times I have to bite my tongue from asking people why they don't just wait till the bird matures enough.

Mine are definitely cockerels. They are both quite large, with large red combs and waddles. When they try to crow, they almost sound like someone is torturing them. I only want one rooster so they will both be processed.

Back
Top Bottom