Black Australorp source recomendations

I have Blue Australorps from Welp and they are champion layers.

Not quite up there with the California Whites, but 6-7 eggs a week most weeks.
How old are yours? Are they young cause young ones always lay well. I am asking because I am thinking about getting some from there and I'm just wondering if they lay well once they get out of the young stage.

A little off topic, but have you considered New Hampshires from Freedom Ranger hatchery? They lay more eggs and have more meat than those from other hatcheries, so you might consider this strain of NH. Several folks on here had good things to say about them.

Also they may have black australorps.

More pics

Attachments

• IMG_20230225_091131402.jpg
    IMG_20230225_091131402.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20230225_091124219.jpg
    IMG_20230225_091124219.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20230225_091108413.jpg
    IMG_20230225_091108413.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 15
You can tr
Hello all,

I have been researching a lot of different breeds for a dual purpose flock, about 8 hens and a rooster, that I want to establish this spring. After looking hard at Delawares and New Hampshires, I ultimately think a breed that is geared more towards laying will be a better fit for me. Black Australorps seem like a really good option, as they can be excelent layers and extra roosters could be passable for meat. Also, when I was a kid, we had Australorps and I have fond memories of them poking around the yard.

Anyone know of a good breeder that raises Black Australorps? Close to S.E. Wisconsin would be ideal, but I can drive a few hours if needed, or a good breeder that ships would be an option as well.

Anyone have an experience with ordering Australorps from a hatchery they can share?

Thank you
-pg
You can try Mertons Feed Store!

How old are yours? Are they young cause young ones always lay well. I am asking because I am thinking about getting some from there and I'm just wondering if they lay well once they get out of the young stage.

I have both first and second year ladies.

I only have one who is in her third year and I can't tell the eggs apart so I don't know how well she is specifically laying. :)

Back
Top Bottom