D'Anvers go broody fairly easily and make good mothers, although I haven't had very good luck hatching eggs with them. D'Anvers are definitely my favorite breed. They are so majestic and hardy and lay very well!
My D'Anver rooster is pretty agressive and he attacks me and picks fights with my other roosters. I don't really mind him attacking me since he's so small lol. And he's not at all agressive to my hens.

D'Anvers go broody fairly easily and make good mothers, although I haven't had very good luck hatching eggs with them. D'Anvers are definitely my favorite breed. They are so majestic and hardy and lay very well!
My D'Anver rooster is pretty agressive and he attacks me and picks fights with my other roosters. I don't really mind him attacking me since he's so small lol. And he's not at all agressive to my hens.
Well we'll try to hatch some eggs. If all else fails we can use an old incubator. Like you said, the roosters are so small I don't care if we get only get one and it's aggressive. As long as it doesn't bother my feathered girls I'm fine. I don't care if it bullies my dog, as long as no blood is drawn. My dog's a jerk to them, but luckily never draws blood and gets scared when my top pullet chases her down. (My dog is a Chiweenie that weighs 8lbs and is 4 years old)

Back
Top Bottom