Black cochin with red wings?

melissa508

Songster
10 Years
Mar 23, 2009
ma
I hatched a black cochin in the spring, he is getting larger & was showing some red flecks- now the flecks are gone & he has red wings, both are evenly colored also.
He supposedly came from a blue/black/splash backgroud ..Those were the only color cochins I saw at the breeders farm.

im new to cochins & unfamiliar with their colors ..is this common or what would cause it?

Not common, although I have a similar bird (he is a mixbreed) who has a black body, head & tail and buff wings. Not just the shoulders, the entire wings are an evenly coloured buff. He has some buff lacing on his breast, but is mostly black. Oh, he also has a mostly buff crest--with a couple of white feathers, too.

I have no idea about the genetics involved.

thanks- this is puzzling, im use to silkie colors..so this one is interesting. and his wings are perfectly symetricly marked in a bright orangy red .

Here is mine. His crest and saddle are buff laced with black, as is his breast. Tail & hackles appear to be pure black. There are a few random white feathers in the crest, but nowhere else.
20590_imgp0816.jpg

And it turns out he does not have entirely buff wings--it just looks like it when they are folded.
20590_imgp0821.jpg

Anyone care to make a guess as to his genotype?

Hhmmm,

A POLISH x Silkie CHICKEN "attempting" to appear to be a "Jack Sparrow" ????

THIS might cause an "insurrection" in the Chicken Yard !!!!!!!!!
wink.png

(It is certainly "subversive" !!!! )

-Junkmanme-
old.gif

Back
Top Bottom