Black Cochin?

You guys are awesome! Thank you all so much.
Not too upset about 2 males. I will have 28 hens with the new batch of chicks this year, so I think 2 roosters should be ok. What do y’all think?

You guys are awesome! Thank you all so much.
Not too upset about 2 males. I will have 28 hens with the new batch of chicks this year, so I think 2 roosters should be ok. What do y’all think?
You will just have to make sure your males get along. I had two males for 24 hens and everything was going great. Then one day the bigger male attacked the smaller one. Idk 🤷‍♀️ why. They are both okay. I was outside and watched it happen so could separate them easily. They have lived together fine for almost 2 years. The neighbor did get chickens also so idk if they were fighting over his hens? (They come to my yard quite often)

You will just have to make sure your males get along. I had two males for 24 hens and everything was going great. Then one day the bigger male attacked the smaller one. Idk 🤷‍♀️ why. They are both okay. I was outside and watched it happen so could separate them easily. They have lived together fine for almost 2 years. The neighbor did get chickens also so idk if they were fighting over his hens? (They come to my yard quite often)
Thanks. I will definitely keep a close watch

Back
Top Bottom