Black comb on chicken please help

Mdico19

In the Brooder
Dec 5, 2021
I noticed today after being gone for 2 days that the top of one of my chickens comb is completely black. I have a total of 6 chickens she is the only one effected. She seems to be acting normal no loss of appetite. She lost part of her comb months ago from a bullying incident. One week ago she had a weird day where she had no appetite but that seemed to be a separate incident
A90C5156-D8ED-46D5-8DFC-C26155302FDA.jpeg

Attachments

• 0AA2BD51-1F23-447E-A7F5-D5EEFCBC2280.jpeg
    0AA2BD51-1F23-447E-A7F5-D5EEFCBC2280.jpeg
    566.4 KB · Views: 7
It looks like she may be getting bullied again. My roosters will have black marks on their combs here and there from pecking. They’re scabs pretty much.
I’m hoping that’s what it is but it just doesn’t look like dried blood

I have a few hens and two roosters that occasionally get into arguments because it's just their temperament to throw their weight around, and they all have those black pecking scabs. It's rare not to see them without these black pecking scabs. Proves they're living up to their reputations.

I have a few hens and two roosters that occasionally get into arguments because it's just their temperament to throw their weight around, and they all have those black pecking scabs. It's rare not to see them without these black pecking scabs. Proves they're living up to their reputations.
Thank you

Back
Top Bottom