Black cooper maran Easter egger pullet or cockrell?

Joychik

In the Brooder
Jul 3, 2023
This is Lazurus (Lazzy) I resuscitated this chicken shortly after hatching when it got stuck under the brooding light. Needless to say I'm quite attracted. I think Laz is a she because Laz squats when I pet her or pick her up. But she sometimes spars with the cockrel. Laz is a 10 week old black copper maran easter egger.

Attachments

• 20230722_190552.jpg
    20230722_190552.jpg
    964.1 KB · Views: 98
This is Lazurus (Lazzy) I resuscitated this chicken shortly after hatching when it got stuck under the brooding light. Needless to say I'm quite attracted. I think Laz is a she because Laz squats when I pet her or pick her up. But she sometimes spars with the cockrel. Laz is a 10 week old black copper maran easter egger.
I almost definitely think Lazzy is a Roo, because of the large red comb and gold leakage around his neck. Very pretty boy!!

I almost definitely think Lazzy is a Roo, because of the large red comb and gold leakage around his neck. Very pretty boy!!
Thank you! I was hoping for hen. Not sure what I'm going to do, this guy is so tame, and we are technically not supposed to have roosters in my city. My next post will be about no crow collars. Lol

Back
Top Bottom