Black Copper Maran Eggs

Quote:
Bev has used different lines to improve her egg and bird size as well as egg color. You have to outcross or you end up with inbreeding. Bev is one of the best Marans breeders out there. She didn't get all her line from Ron, I don't believe. I have a few birds from another gal that also said she has worked with Bev on her line and sent her eggs as well. Just because you have been to Cottage Hill doesn't mean all Bev's birds are from there. That's kind of a naive statement. The best place to ask how much Ron Presley bloodlines are in her wheatens is Bev. She's very honest and very helpful.

Just an FYI I contacted Bav and here is the response I received.

"Hi Natasha

My list for black coppers is closed because I have too many orders. In the database of the Marans Chicken Club you will find two lists, one for people selling stock and the other wanting stock. A lot of the members have my lines.

Kind regards

Bev"

I am getting some Blue Black Splash Marans ! from Peachick she has birds from Will Morrow who got his birds from Wade Geane ! I am getting 6-8 chicks I will probably only be able to keep pullets but we can always hope
big_smile.png
Peachick is hatching them they are 2 1/2 weeks into incubation and she candled and all 16 eggs look good. They are from a splash roo over blue and black hens so I will get allot of blue chicks ! I can't wait to get my first blue birds and also some more marans !

Back
Top Bottom