Black Copper Maran Eggs

You didn't ask me this question but I figure since I have her cuckoos as well I will throw in my 2 cents. I have 2 cuckoos, they look like they should as far as I can tell, they aren't aggressive but they are sure as heck hard to catch. Those and the barred rocks I got from her are more skittish than the other breeds I got from her.

i left a neutral on julie and i always leave a honest post and most of the time i should be a little firmer on a couple of sellers. I also tried to get in touch with her and she said i didn't. i will never order from her again

Quote:
I talked to Bev last week and she has 20 pages of a waiting list and has closed her book for now. My guess is the wait list might be longer than a year, but I don't know how long she takes to go through a page
tongue.png

Good luck
Krista

i'm in PA and have a trio of french BC marans, but it will be awhile before i'll have eggs yet,lol. mine r looseing the last of their down feathers and starting to show their copper coloring finally, i can't wait to see them all grown up!!

i can't wait till the day my girls start to lay either my kid's will be in awe it will be like finding a golden egg in the nest boxes, lol all 5 of my kidoes will be fighting over who gets to check that coop, i can see it comeing already.
gig.gif

silkie

I think bayhorsebonne has cuckoo and golden cuckoo marans, for reasonable and you don't have to buy them on ebay. I think she was thinking about breeding fewer color varieties so she could concentrate on her favorites, so not sure if she still has cuckoos. I don't think her waiting list is ridiculous either.

Quote:
Thanks Adele!
Sorry for the delayed response-last week was so crazy for me-12 hour days
sickbyc.gif

I got six chicks and she offered an extra but I figured six would be plenty for me. They are very pretty chicks and at two weeks, you can already tell who the little roos are.
I wasn't really interested in having any roos until I saw her birds. I have never seen roosters that big in my life. They are so gorgeous. Her birds just have a super nice type. Here's two of my favorites so far:

This baby girl pops up and runs so fast from one end of the cage to the other it looks like a little fuzzy blur. So I named her Sprint:

11818_marans_2_weeks_005.jpg

Here's my favorite little man:

11818_marans_2_weeks_018.jpg

They have the prettiest little copper tips on their wings

Quote:
You, know, she has a cuckoo rooster, and I can't remember if he was golden or silver-I think golden- that I swear was about 3 ft tall. Do you know which one I'm talking about?
You could practically put a saddle on that boy and ride him!
And he is just so beautiful. He seemed really gentle too-good thing.
lau.gif

Quote:
I have Carla's birds also - I got an adult Cuckoo Marans pair from her - amongst alot of other great birds - Her Cuckoo Marans are originally from Valentine Hatchery. She has Black Copper Marans, and sells the eggs of her site during certain seasons - her hens are from Valentine Hatchery and Red Dirt Ranch, parent Rooster from Wade Jean lines.

Even knowing some lineage does not make all birds suitable for breeding for hatching egg sales, chick sales, or as show birds but it's good to know, rather than people who indiscriminately breed and sell mixed lines or hatchery lines that are poor quality birds, in either breed standard conformation or poor egg quality. People are so happy to get "Black Copper Marans" or Cuckoo Marans" they dont care that they are getting a watered down version so someone could make money. You may buy pretty eggs to hatch, but not get birds from that hatch that lay pretty eggs either. Or have birds with serious standard disqualifications, but you like them, and so you start selling eggs, and so on, and so on. Show quality lines and show quality eggs are difficult to achieve. (I have none
smile.png
) Ahhh, but I can dream!

But please, if anyone is considering future sales of chicks or eggs for hatch, do alot of people a favor - know who your birds are? Once you start truly educating yourself on the breed, it's background and genetics, and how to preserve characteristics and promote the breed, you'll understand.
smile.png

Quote:
Thanks Adele!
Sorry for the delayed response-last week was so crazy for me-12 hour days
sickbyc.gif

I got six chicks and she offered an extra but I figured six would be plenty for me. They are very pretty chicks and at two weeks, you can already tell who the little roos are.
I wasn't really interested in having any roos until I saw her birds. I have never seen roosters that big in my life. They are so gorgeous. Her birds just have a super nice type. Here's two of my favorites so far:

This baby girl pops up and runs so fast from one end of the cage to the other it looks like a little fuzzy blur. So I named her Sprint:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/11818_marans_2_weeks_005.jpg

Here's my favorite little man:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/11818_marans_2_weeks_018.jpg

They have the prettiest little copper tips on their wings

Drom, they are so cute!! How quickly they grow. Ours use to crack us up because they ran all over the place when they were little. Well, sometimes they run now and It's just as funny because they're so fat. I bet that little guy is going to be stunning. Look at all of that copper already. Thanks for sharing.

smile.png
I would love to have some Marans,But for now I've just given up. The price on Marans hatching eggs are insane!

Someday???????

I'll still keep looking at these beutiful Marans pis though!!!!

KEEP POSTING!
yippiechickie.gif

Back
Top Bottom