Black copper maran male?

Just wanted to add-

Just because he looks similar to the bird in the ad photo doesn't mean that is what he is. He could also simply be an over colored Marans.
No way to tell just by looks.

He is a beautiful rooster either way.

FYI, Dominant Coppers are a cross of a BCM rooster over a Barred Rock hen. If the breeder had Barred Rocks I would agree this would be a good guess.
There are several Marans hybrids that different hatcheries are doing. Some name the varieties they are using and some do not.
This is why I made the second post.
Just because he looks similar to the bird in the ad photo doesn't mean that is what he is. He could also simply be an over colored Marans.
No way to tell just by looks.

I posted about this a while back, and I was told that he was indeed a black copper maran male, but I’m getting doubts now seeing how much red he’s got? Any ideas? @Chooks man or anyone else?
he is black copper with too much red on him ,does happen when we breed black copper marans rooster with a lot copper on his chest to a black copper hen with a copper chest ,they produce progeny with lot copper all over a place .
to know if he is pure BC you need to mate him to any wheaten hen doesn t matter what breed ,just to see what he throw as progeny .
chooks man

Back
Top Bottom