Black copper maran or black australorp?

Yeah. I totally understand getting the wrong gender or even the wrong breed if you arent careful but dont insist these chicks are something that they definitely are not. No way they're Dominiques . That's how I realized they weren't barred rocks, no barring. And I guess no way they're BCM since no frathered legs.
So what are you thinking of doing with them?

So what are you thinking of doing with them?
Oh I'll keep them. I have production blues which are a mix with blue australorps and they are the sweetest birds. Really wanted some different breeds but I've already got these ones used to me examining them for mites or lice. They're super friendly. As long as they are all pullets theyll live out their days here. Just a little disappointed I didnt get what I asked for.

Oh I'll keep them. I have production blues which are a mix with blue australorps and they are the sweetest birds. Really wanted some different breeds but I've already got these ones used to me examining them for mites or lice. They're super friendly. As long as they are all pullets theyll live out their days here. Just a little disappointed I didnt get what I asked for.
Understandable. Good luck with them!

Correct me if I'm Wrong but I do belive cuckoo marans should be the only clean legged breed of marans . So if the lady insisted they are copper marans then yes they should have feathered feet.
Cuckoo marans would be barred though, right? Or not barred but cuckoo barred 😂 these are all black.

Black Copper Marans have feathered legs. I have pictures of mine at approximately that age if that helps. Also Black Australorps, coincidentally.
Well, which ones do these look more like to.you then? 😂 I'm heavily leaning towards black australorps. Did your australorps have white on the tis of their feathers? Heres how one of mine looks. You could see the white peeking through.

Attachments

• 20210222_132606.jpg
    20210222_132606.jpg
    342.2 KB · Views: 18

Back
Top Bottom