Black Copper Marans, 12 weeks, Male or Female??? PICS

So black copper marans have so much variety within the breed. The comb and wattles tell you little in this breed. They are notorious for having big combs early in some . The copper should only be in the neck area on pullets. Copper on the wings , chest and tail are cockerel traits

Attachments

• IMG_2777.jpeg
    IMG_2777.jpeg
    1,001.8 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2779.jpeg
    IMG_2779.jpeg
    1,000.2 KB · Views: 10
Hey guys, we have a 12 week old maran youngster & struggling to determine if it's a pullet or a roo, just wondering, did these predictions turn out to be correct? Ours looks more like number 1 of the 3 pictured after the initial image 🐔🐣

It is about 12 weeks old. All the pics are the same bird. I am stumped, the neck feathers are kind of pointy, but the hackles are not. Also, if you look close, the black color on the neck feathers makes them look more pointy than they are - look close and you can see the actual feather is more rounded. The feathers are shiny and iridescent, but the coloration to me says pullet. HELP! THANKS!!!

It looks like a cockerel to me.

Hey guys, we have a 12 week old maran youngster & struggling to determine if it's a pullet or a roo, just wondering, did these predictions turn out to be correct? Ours looks more like number 1 of the 3 pictured after the initial image 🐔🐣
Can you post your own thread? This one is 12 years old, we can help you better there.
It looks like a cockerel to me.

Back
Top Bottom