Black Copper Marans discussion thread

I would think the triangle shows when they start getting some color.

the roo pic above is a copper with wheaten in has background.

I have a strange question, when is my black copper maran roo going to grow some tail feathers?? I have week old chicks with more booty fluff than him and he's 2.5 months old. I've got a few pictures, the quality isnt the best since i was fighting off mosquitos at the same time. Is it looking like he's going to be rumpless?

I haven't been on BYC much in the last couple of years. I guess the "new" wore off of my chicks. :)

But my (12) "chicks" are now 4 1/2 years old and I think it's about time to fresh'n up the herd, so yesterday, I bought my first two Black Copper pullets! I've had Cuckoo Maran's with mixed results. The one CM hen I have hasn't laid in a couple of years.

I've been browsing through the thread and they are very dashing birds! I can't wait until Spring to see their eggs!!

...maybe these two little pullets need some more buddies!!

I have a strange question, when is my black copper maran roo going to grow some tail feathers?? I have week old chicks with more booty fluff than him and he's 2.5 months old. I've got a few pictures, the quality isnt the best since i was fighting off mosquitos at the same time. Is it looking like he's going to be rumpless?

Could something have pulled out his tail feathers?

I have a CM roo and he had beautiful tail feathers until a dog pulled them out. They never grew back.

Could something have pulled out his tail feathers?

I have a CM roo and he had beautiful tail feathers until a dog pulled them out. They never grew back.

Some of my wheaten roos took forever to feather in their tails, i thought they would be bald too but sure enough the feathers came in and they turned out to be nice roos. It didn't happen with the BCM's though.

Oh yay! at least he's not the only bald butted baby :). Nothings pulled them out, I guess he's just super slow in getting them in. The rest of his feathers have come in gorgeously, most beautiful green and blue sheen out of any of my birds. And so soft! i want to cuddle him always.

Back
Top Bottom