Black Copper Marans discussion thread

I have seen a case like this one, but not so extreme. As the chick grew it seemed to grow into the webbing. ie: the outer toe grew and the webbing didn't but in your case it really does look like a defect.
sad.png

on the bright side, if it can walk and get about it won't affect the eggs..
AND, if your coop ever floods, it will swim really well!! maybe a drake got into the coop.........?

Ok, well it took me a bit, but here they are.
These are 22 mixed Ameracaunas, Olive Eggers, black copper marans and a couple light sussex. The Marans don't seem to have any of the copper coloring yet, some have feathered legs.
I know the picts are not the best but any suggestions would be great! Sorry about the mess, I took the picts before clean up!
I know there are at least 4 roos, prob. more and I just am too new to know any better.

Last edited:
Anyone had chicks hatch with a webbed toe/toes from the wade jean line or from any line?
"fused toes" can happen in any feather legged breed. You don't want to breed any bird that has it, but it doesn't bother them. You can still use them for eating eggs if they are girls.
It is passed on, a recessive gene I think.

I had a nice BCM but he was missing some toes. another one from the same hatch just never grew. I let the guy who I got them know about this and he is going to make it right. I got the chicks at a day old. gave the missing toe rooster away as a pet and the unthrifty chick just died.

tell the person what happened ... worth a try.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom