black copper marans egg color

The color of the Black, Blue or Blue Splash will not change from eggs hatched out as light in color. However, you still stand a chance with this hen, after her molt you may see that her eggs have darken. The color of you egg is however very light. Look to breeding., breeding to a rooster that both he and the hen come from hens laying grade 4 or above will ensure dark eggs. The color of the rooster's feathers, the hen's feathers doesn't transfer into dark eggs. Have had Marans for years and they are a mystery!!! Guess that's why I keep them.

here are pictures of my BCM eggs ..what do you think about the color ?
Hi!! I've been thinking the same about my FBCM! Here's Jupiters egg
1f600.png

Rooboo sent me pics of his bcm eggs. Wow just stunning jumbo size *really!* and oh so very dark. Best, Karen

image000000_02.jpg

Old thread but do you think the heavily speckled egg will get darker? This is their first week laying. Also, what color # would you classify them? Tia

View attachment 1127327
Old thread but do you think the heavily speckled egg will get darker? This is their first week laying. Also, what color # would you classify them? Tia

Could settle to slight darker or lighter, you'll find out within a month or two, it is the darkest on the their first clutch and gets lighter. It seems like the one on top is @6 but the other ones hard to tell since it's wet.

Back
Top Bottom