Black Copper Marans eggs ETA: Sold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oblio13

Crowing
15 Years
Jan 26, 2008
New Hampshire
Anyone interested in a dozen BC Marans eggs? I can priority mail them in the morning. $60 plus $11 shipping via Paypal. Shoot me a PM if you're interested.

Last edited:
Hey Brad,
If you mention whose lines you have it would probably move these quick
wink.png

Brad,

Just so you know, most people want to know where their eggs come from. It is how to keep the genetics clear as we try to maintain dark egg color and strive for apa approved birds. It's not a "bad" thing to tell people where your line is from.
Also, is the pic of the egg you posted accurate ... or kind of flashed out?

Thanks!

Quote:
Valid point. They're from Bev Davis.

The egg is kind of flashed out, it's difficult to get an accurate pic. And I don't like to post the best ones anyway. I'd rather have people be pleasantly surprised than unpleasantly surprised.

Here are the two eggs I got this afternoon, they're my Wheaten's first. I'm pretty happy with the color, and the tones in the pic are accurate, especially with my hand for comparison. The BC's tend to be about the same:

IMG_2096.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah...I agree on posting the darkest egg!

Maybe you could use this chart to let people know about what shade they average. Just remember, if they lay dark, they WILL lay dark again. They always lighten through each cycle and then get dark again the beginning of the next cycle.

good luck!
PS~love your roo
smile.png

how much for the dog? just kidding he or she is pretty!!! all you people looking at chickens and that POOR dog just wants some one to recognize her!!!!!
big_smile.png

BTW I think that dog thinks its a chicken.... maybe those are black copper mutt eggs.... get it BCM-mutt!!! dogg!!! hhhhaaaaa I am funny!!!!
lau.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom