Black Copper Marans Eggs NPIP

I am back after dealing with a medical disability. I do have Dark French Black Copper Mara hatching eggs.
Welcome back! Hope you are OK.
fl.gif

Since you are breeding Marans, just a little fun fact... did you know that even a single Marans is always said with S at the end? Because they are from a port town in western France named Marans.

What color eggs on the chart are you getting most consistently? And what size? Any pics of your parent stock? What characteristics have you bred towards? Or do you cull at all?

Yes, the Marans eggs are coming out dark. They have been laying very well. While I was dealing with my medical retirement issues, they were being used as eating eggs. Now, that I am not pulled in so many different directions again, I am offering them up for sale.

The picture of the Marans Rooster is the father, his name is Chauncey named after a French relative on my father's side.

Welcome back! Hope you are OK. :fl

Since you are breeding Marans, just a little fun fact... did you know that even a single Marans is always said with S at the end? Because they are from a port town in western France named Marans.

What color eggs on the chart are you getting most consistently? And what size? Any pics of your parent stock? What characteristics have you bred towards? Or do you cull at all?

Interesting fun fact! I never knew....

That is the point of having a community, we learn from each other. I speak English and Spanish fluently. I had considered French or German next as a third language. But, our friend apparently is versed in French, which may be something I need to explore as it is a 'Romance' language and would be easier to learn than German as it more approximates the Spanish language than German.

In case my private message didn't go through, I am looking to buy 6 of your BCM eggs please.

Last edited:
Are you able to provide a health cert for the parents of the birds? I'd be interested in purchasing a few dozen if so.

Back
Top Bottom