Black Copper Marans (selling prices)

Quote:
oh thank you for the help!!! i dont know what kind, ill find out soon i suppose! thanks again!!!! ill add pics in a few weeks!

Quote:
What type of Marans? Oh the web we weave? Cuckoos I bet. That is not a bad thing
thumbsup.gif

yes i believe they are cuckoo, the store orders from privett...
heres the link http://www.privetthatchery.com/cat/Default.htm (go to rare brown egg layers)

my friend here is Arizona, sold his cuckoo maran eggs at $45 for 6.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
What type of Marans? Oh the web we weave? Cuckoos I bet. That is not a bad thing
thumbsup.gif

yes i believe they are cuckoo, the store orders from privett...
heres the link http://www.privetthatchery.com/cat/Default.htm (go to rare brown egg layers)

my friend here is Arizona, sold his cuckoo maran eggs at $45 for 6.

I am crazy for cuckoo's
wee.gif
ya.gif
wee.gif
Nothing Wrong with Cuckoos, they were the BIG thing for a while, then the BCM's knocked them off thier high perch, they still get a decent price, but not the 100+ for a dozen that the BCM's get today. But give it a year and I will bet you wont be seeing those prices for long. A fool and his/her money are soon parted, and there are only so many fools to go around(actually there are lots of fools, but only so many in the willing to pay that much for egg fool catagory)
ep.gif

Enjoy the Cuckoo's, feed them treets often, and you will have a flock of Puppies following you in no time

Quote:
I just want to clarify this, the people I bought my birds/ chicks/ and most eggs from were great. I was just telling you to look into you seller. If you join the Marans Chicken Club you can learn a lot about different breeders, the good and the bad. Good Luck in your search.

BC Marans (or any Marans) are not all created equal. I personally wouldn't pay a dime for many of them. OTOH -- if you play your cards right and talk to the right people, it is sometimes possible to get wonderful birds for free or very cheaply. So don't focus on the price -- focus on learning about the breed and the breeders BEFORE you jump in and buy anything.

I'm presently charging $14 for my chicks which are from the Wade Jean Line, C-1, feathered, very dark eggs.

My eggs are $62 for one dozen including priority shipping and handling and a tracking number and for 1/2 dozen it's 36.

My shipped eggs - last ones sent were:
8875_bcmmail.jpg

The adults:
8875_bcm_rooster.jpg

8875_bcms.jpg

As we looked at the price I took several factors into consideration, we built wonderful chicken trailers for our BCM's and feed them high quality feed and grains and chemical free produce from our gardens. They were expensive to get and I was on a ten month waiting list and we treat them very lovingly.

I'm comfortable with our prices although I know that many sell higher. I think our chicks and eggs could command higher prices based on their heritage and their care and their health, but since we also sell many eggs and are raising goats, bunnies and other animals as well as vegetables and cooking herbs, I am very satisfied with the response. We have not recovered their costs or even their housing costs. We did not even count the hours spent making the pens or caring for them. Hope that was helpful in your evaluations..

Since we're talking about value and such....you do know that straw (yellow) coloring in the hackles is a serious fault by the French standard, right? Also, I can't really tell for sure about the tail angle in your pics -- but you do know that the angle should be no more than 45 degrees, right?

These are just examples of some of the things I mean when I say that people should do their homework before buying. Birds can be very very handsome even when they don't meet the standard -- so know what you're looking at before you shell out your dough!

Back
Top Bottom