Black Copper Marans - Time progression of sexing - UPDATED with WEEKs #1-3 PICTURES

Pics
Updated chick pics at 2 weeks. The chickadees are 1/2 cream Legbar and 1/2 FBCM. They are so cute but are much more skittish than my previous chicks, hoping they will calm down the more I handle them. Any sex guesses are welcome!
lol.png

Chick 1: Patchy: small, rounded average comb, not fast feathering, this one keeps me guessing

Chick 2: Liv- fast feathering, larger, has the most white, longer wings, no tail, shoulder feathers

Chick 3: Oliver: thinking this one is a roo, small body, short wings, large pointy comb, slow feathering, small tail

Chick 4: Ollie Mae- hoping this one is a girl: large, no white feathers, fast feathering, copper face with chipmunk pattern, small tail, small yellow comb, shoulder feathers

Are they in the same order that you posted them before? I think #4 is a girl the rest I'm thinking boys. A little iffy on #1.

Yep! Same order! And we think the same thing :hit I'm already noticing a waddle on one of them. I was hoping for two pullets since I'm splitting them with someone. Thanks for replying! : )

Last edited:
Yep! Same order! And we think the same thing
hit.gif
I'm already noticing a waddle on one of them. I was hoping for two pullets since I'm splitting them with someone. Thanks for replying! : )

wait a bit longer. I have a pullet that I was convinced was a boy. her wattles are bigger and darker than her sister's. even her comb looked bigger for a while. at 2 mo I was sure she was a girl!

They are 3 1/2 weeks old and I still think we have 3 boys and one girl! Their combs and wattles are already turning red and they are very feisty. I don't have any updates individual pics because they are too squirmy now but here are some funny chick selfies. :D BTW the chicks are still inside, this was just a field trip)

We started over and I got 3 new chicks from the same breeder and I am pretty sure they are all girls this time! One is an Olive Egger, a Blue Splash Maran, and a Cream Legbar (ptl for auto-sexing!)

Thanks for everyone's guesses!

I have to 5 week olds and can't tell. They were both supposed to be girls butt I'm starting to wonder. 1 is twice as big with a HUGE red comb the other is smaller with a tiny yellow comb.
[/URL]
You definitely have a boy there in the back. Black Copper Marans boys tend to make themselves known pretty early on.

Back
Top Bottom