Black Copper Marans - Time progression of sexing - UPDATED with WEEKs #1-3 PICTURES

Pics

6wks

this is marianna:

Cute girl, but, this pullet is not a pure Marans.

See the yellow skin on feet and face? Yellow skin is the sign that some other breed- other than Marans was mixed in the gentics.

Also, the chest color leakage is laced in a pattern, and she has copper feather shafting- all additional signs of being mixed with a Wheaten based bird. She should not be used to breed with any Marans, nor should any of her brothers or sisters (from the same parents) be used for breeding BCM as they will all carry the yellow skin gene even though they may not show it. It can skip a generation and there are no reliable tests to positively rule it out in test mating.

She will be a nice backyard layer though.
smile.png

Cute girl, but, this pullet is not a pure Marans.

See the yellow skin on feet and face? Yellow skin is the sign that some other breed- other than Marans was mixed in the gentics.

Also, the chest color leakage is laced in a pattern, and she has copper feather shafting- all additional signs of being mixed with a Wheaten based bird. She should not be used to breed with any Marans, nor should any of her brothers or sisters (from the same parents) be used for breeding BCM as they will all carry the yellow skin gene even though they may not show it. It can skip a generation and there are no reliable tests to positively rule it out in test mating.

She will be a nice backyard layer though.
smile.png

luckily I want her for breeding olive eggers. her skin on feet and face are not yellow, my camera on my cell phone is not good but she has laced pattern on her chest. the breeder I got her from has 1 or 2 hens like that and other hens and the roos look like ordinary BCM. I am not a breeder, I have different breeds of chicken and I am going to breed some EE and olive eggers.

Back
Top Bottom